Ascendance of a Bookworm Vol. 1 Discussion

• Translators

@Nosgoroth Sorry for the late reply, I actually forgot to check this thread too.
    I switched over to using Tuuli, and messaged the team about it, but didn't update the existing translations, which led to the typesetter using Tory by accident. Whoops! I'll send out the message again.

@quof Is there a better place for this, then? I looked in Members Only but I didn't see any threads for manga there.

• Translators

@nosgoroth Nah, this thread is fine. I'm just not used to checking both members only and manga yet.

• Translators

We've sent an email to the author with questions regarding the names. Internally a decision was made to leave Tuuli as Tory until the discussion with her concludes, to avoid changing names midway through if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience! At the very least, this way, the name change will be author certified (tm).

• What's with this inconstant leading? The leading on the main bubbles that use Collect 'Em All BB look okay, though the shaping on those bubbles aren't the greatest, but the bubbles that use Spinner Rack BB have unnecessary huge leading, especially when it's bolded.

• Premium Member

Hopefully you can pick up the light novel as well. Blastron just announced he's stopping the translation of the web novel so now there is no one translating it and it would be great to see an official translation appear for it.

• Premium Member

@mlindner said in Ascendance of a Bookworm Vol. 1 Discussion:

Hopefully you can pick up the light novel as well. Blastron just announced he's stopping the translation of the web novel so now there is no one translating it and it would be great to see an official translation appear for it.

Did she say why she was stopping it?

• @terrence yeah someone posted in the suggestion topic for this series (novel version)

this

Blastron's reason as per blog:
    When I was setting my New Year’s resolutions for 2019, “stick to your release schedule” was pretty high up on the list. After thinking it over, though, I realized that the main reason that I haven’t been able to reliably get a chapter out is because, quite frankly, I’m tired of translating this story. When I thought about how it would take me literally over a decade to get through it at my current rate, I realized that it wasn’t a question of if I was going to drop it, but when, and since I’m not enjoying myself anymore, it might as well be now.

So, unfortunately, I’m going to stop translating Ascendance of a Bookworm. This was a tough decision to make, and I’m sorry to disappoint everyone who has been patiently waiting for the next chapter. I’ll be doing one last big editing pass to (finally) fix up character names and lingering typos, then go dark for a couple months or so while I figure out what I’ll be getting into next.

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me, and I hope you’ll come back when I decide on what my next project will be.

(If any of you would like to take up this particular project, please let me know! I’d be happy to set up links to your page once you get off the ground.)

Link: http://blastron01.tumblr.com