The Magic in this Other World is Too Far Behind! Vol. 1

• Premium Member

Here's a discussion topic for this manga, too 😉

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Chapter 1:

• [Generic Issue] The first 2 pages of the manga are wrongly at the end.
    • Page 10 ► It should be Almadious (switch I and O).
      Page 10

• Premium Member

This manga is so broken and fragmented it felt like it was missing pages.

• Premium Member

Man, Reiji really is just a complete dogshit character. If he wasn't alongside Suimei he might be tolerable, but when you have someone who doesn't completely suck to compare him to, he's just the worst. Reading the manga is reminding me how much I dislike him all over again.

• Premium Member

Is Mizuki really said "not in kansas anymore" there?
    I kinda feel it some kind of over Localized stuff there. apologize if its not.

That aside because of the pacing ( while I feel its not that bad), consider the manga as fan-service. Menia is way cuter here than in the LN. also bullying Menia is way fulfilling here. Also I thin its missing 3 colored intro pages.

• Premium Member

@pjthomas404 he's a stereotypical Isekai white knight MC in a series that deconstructs the whole summoned hero vs Demon King troops.

• Premium Member

I don't mind the art at all - I knew who everyone was straight away until Menia & Titania showed up & didn't look how I'd expected, but I can go with it. Mizuki is cute AF, her chunni is showing big time in this chapter. Sure the art is different, but I didn't find it totally jarring like for example Realist Hero's manga (I could let the enormo-boobs go if it didn't look so wrong on Liscia - the other characters worked ok for me).

Back to this story, I really disliked LN Vol1 Reiji too, but he isn't so one dimensional once the story really gets going so I can let it go knowing he isn't such a tool later. I think they mentioned the summoning ritual compels them to say yes to serving as a hero didn't they?

Wait, we're all up to date LN readers just experiencing a story we already know in another format, aren't we? Should I be spoiler tagging stuff?

• Premium Member

@smashman42 considering this is discussion for vol.1 I think its inappropriate to assume everyone is LN reader to the latest vol. the use of spoiler tag is advised for any plot related spoiler/future stuff.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Chapter 2:

• [Generic Issue] I noticed that a few images have horizontal black lines from time to time (Page 2 is the first example). I'm wondering if it was an export issue; or if the original images were like that, too?
    • Page 09 ► 2 sfx sounds but only 1 translation. While I do see that they're both the same, when there are multiple ones they are usually all translated anyway.
      Page 09
    • Page 12+13 ► The center where the 2 images/pages merge looks really bad. There is a vertical strip completely different/darker.
      Page 12+13

• Premium Member

@terabyte To address your concerns...

Edit: Figured out how to fix the black line and the overlap issues. New editions will go up once they finish rendering.

Personally, I don't have an issue with one "Wow" over two, but I am a fan of making SFX additions unobtrusive against the art.

We're still hammering out the kinks in the process, so thanks for your patience in the interim.

• Premium Member

I had forgotten how much of an airhead Felmenia was. Not that she still isn't...

Meta error report: the event says that this is somehow chapter 2 of volume 2.

volume 2?

Hmm, I'm liking the manga more than the light novel, which is usually not the case.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Chapter 4:

• Page 29 ► The Demon Lord's name is Nakshatra.
      Page 29