Seirei Gensouki Web Novel Discussion

@zing said in Seirei Gensouki Web Novel Discussion:

It would also explain why the web novel has been abandoned as of late.

The author did post two updates back in October saying they were trying to pick the WN up again; they just had a lot of deadlines that needed to be cleared away first. But nothing has appeared yet.

This may be part of the deadlines mentioned above, but they also started posting a new WN (which was already written a while ago) to cover the gap between releases, and then that got picked up for publication. And on top of that they promised to write bonus short stories for the Seirei Gensouki LN to celebrate it reaching a million in sales, which haven't been released yet either.

• Premium Member

@metastar said in Seirei Gensouki Web Novel Discussion:

The author did post two updates back in October saying they were trying to pick the WN up again; they just had a lot of deadlines that needed to be cleared away first. But nothing has appeared yet.

Chapter 199 came out in 2019/04/06. The current WN ark is such a cliffhanger fest.
    In WN, Miharu is so dense that she had to have Haruto's identity basically spelled out for her in a letter. She appears much more assertive in LN and if what I've read so far is true, she is going to

@zing said in Seirei Gensouki Web Novel Discussion:

Chapter 199 came out in 2019/04/06.

I am not sure if I was misunderstood, but I meant updates as in blog posts, not updates to the WN itself.

I will refrain from commenting on the rest since I am up to date on the LN in Japan, and I have only read the last 40 or so chapters of the WN.

• Premium Member

@metastar said in Seirei Gensouki Web Novel Discussion:

I am not sure if I was misunderstood, but I meant updates as in blog posts, not updates to the WN itself.

I think I understood it correctly, I was just making a point in regards to the WN update frequency. Still, its not as bad as Isekai Meikyuu De Dorei Harem wo which should totally get licensed by j-novel... Just do it. /off-topic

I will refrain from commenting on the rest since I am up to date on the LN in Japan, and I have only read the last 40 or so chapters of the WN.

Well, here is how the events of the hero introduction party in Galwark play out in the web novel.

And this is why I believe that light novel is by far the superior version of the story.

• The one thing I liked in the WN was the confrontation with Alphonse and Stewart in the cafe, it felt a lot more satisfying in the WN, otherwise I agree that the LN is just better on the whole.

@zing Thanks. That does give a better view of the events. I could put most things together from the later chapters, but this does fill some of the gaps.

• Premium Member

@zing

Whole crap. While I’ll probably read the WN at some point for “shits and giggles” I’d agree... sounds like the LN changes will be superior.

I don’t usually like them changing much between WN/LN/Manga/Anime but this would be a favourable change for sure!!!