Animeta! Vol. 3 Discussion
You Can (Not) Draw Fast Enough
@exedore Seems to be the theme of this manga.
Damn, it's brutal for everyone in this thing
vol3 chapter 1 reports:
- p34 2nd panel - Missing punctuation.
- p35 4th panel - I'm not a fan of how "spell-like" sounds. I feel like it would sound much more natural as "What were you saying back there? Sounded like a spell." or "What was that? A spell or something?"
- p37&38 - I don't get what this "clock" sound effect is supposed to be. Clock ticks? If so, wouldn't "tick tock" be better?
saffire last edited by
I think it's supposed to be "click", the sound of a computer mouse.
Oh, it's "clack". As in typing on a keyboard. Reading it full screen on my browser I couldn't tell those were As, until I looked real close now. >.<
Vol3 chapter 2 reports:
- p19 4th panel 2nd bubble - Why the question mark? It's neither a question nor does it have that intonation.
- p31 3rd panel - "So you're saying... if we were attached to studio 7, [...]" Missing word there.
Vol3 chapter 3 report:
- p4 panel 4 - No question mark?
Vol.3 Chapter 4:
- p2 2nd panel - Surely the MOM could've been transformed better onto the phone screen. The perspective does not align at all.
- p29 4th panel - "continue" is split between two lines and needs a connective dash.
- p35 - I think I get the tone you're going for with "Little Maria", but I don't think it translates great. I don't know what would be a good solution though.
- p6 3rd panel - Is there a reason why he says "This is a world where words like 'ability' and 'talent' mean everything." as opposed to "This is a world where ability and talent mean everything."? The former sounds less natural to me, to a point where I wonder if there's a specific reason why it's specifically that way.
- p22 2nd panel 2nd bubble - Would a middle aged mom from the countryside call nerds "nerds"? In my mind it wouldn't be in their vernacular. Wouldn't "emotionally stunted adults" fit the same bill and be a little more adequate?
- p26 4th panel 3rd bubble - Shouldn't it be "Serizawa's"?
- p34 2nd panel - Missing word "But being fulfilling is no substitute for adequate pay."
- p35 1st panel 1st bubble - Missing period.