Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!

• Staff

2 things:

1. This is still the discussion topic for part 2 volume 2. If you're not going to talk about the story of this book or something specifically related to this book, please start a new topic.
    2. I know there are people who are very excited to read more, but all this speculation and conspiracy-mongering is rather silly and overblown. There's nothing we "aren't allowed" to disclose, it's just there's nothing to discuss publicly. There's no series overhaul, nothing contractually enforcing a delay. We just don't have a release date for part 1 yet, and you'll find out once it's ready to be released.

• Premium Member

@libri-liberorum going by previous example from most other series, this isn't the case

ResidentSleeper

• Premium Member

@myskaros you would say that wouldn't you, Illuminati!
    :D

IDK I am kind of unhappy because I subscribe to this site solely because of Bookworm. so right now I am paying for nothing. It is not reasonable for them to tell us well we have no idea when we are releasing this thing that you are paying for. I now seriously regret getting the annual subscription. If I had the monthly one I would be able to turn it off during the waiting periods. I would save a lot more than the discount.

• Premium Member

@ike5421 Would you prefer that they announce it's coming on X date and then have to keep announcing it's been pushed back due to complications? The entire reason they don't give dates until they post the first part is so that people don't get their hopes up just to have them dashed if any unforeseen issues come up.

Keep in mind that as quof mentioned, they had timelines that essentially must be adhered to, so you're going to effectively get the same amount of content per month on average because you'll just get a dump of parts once they're actually ready to put it up before it goes back to the normal one part per week schedule.

• Premium Member

@ike5421 I'm in somewhat the same boat as you. I only joined for Bookworm and, while I realise this is somewhat simple impatience on my part, really want to read the next volume.

To be clear I think the translators are doing a great job and the translation is coming out far faster than other groups/companies do. My feelings are simple selfish impatience arising from eagerness to read the next volume.

If there was some information when the next volume would start coming out the wait wouldn't be really all that bad but the lack of knowledge is making people check regularly which ends up causing people to get frustrated.

• Premium Member

This post is deleted!

• Premium Member

@ike5421 The rate at which this is being translated is honestly amazing compared to most other LN translations. Also the book that they just finished a few weeks ago comes out officially on 1/20. It makes sense for them to wait until its out to start on the next one honestly, and considering how fast, dedicated and skilled Quof is at translating it I have nothing but respect for them. Also this is a great service, there are many other things to read and learn to love here as well.

• It is all fine and well to discuss whether the J-Novel Club membership is or is not “worth it”, however the Bookworm discussion topic is not that topic.

If anyone wants to continue discussing the membership and it’s “worth”, by all means please open a new topic,

Otherwise let us all please keep this on topic, which for this thread is the discussion of Bookworm Part 2 Volume 2

• Staff

Just to put the conspiracy theories to rest and get people to stop posting off-topic, the reason for the delay is because @Aimee-Zink is stepping down as editor due to her workload, and we've been onboarding a new editor and processing everything that entails. There are a lot of things that need to be taken care, in addition to, as with any book that's between volumes, there being any number of reasons we wouldn't be able to launch on time if we were to give an arbitrary future release date.

We are sorry there is no news at the moment, but please be patient until the next book is ready to start streaming.

• Premium Member

@myskaros

So you are saying ... that it was not because of the eternal shadow war between the Lizard men of the sub-Continent Lrxsuy-sis and their mortal enemies the three toed goat men of the Alernin Reach?

That is good, last time their conflict interfered with a book publishing, Poe was found in a gutter.

Anyways ... we are rooting for you!

alt text

• Premium Member

@bunnyfufu said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

@myskaros

I thought it was lizard people for sure. Nice to know it is nothing serious.

Back on topic:

I wonder what will be in vol 6. Vol 5 seems to be leading to several events.

Archnoble getting more involved? Will we see him/her? Or more stuff in the background?
    Making board games over Winter.
    Winter ritual + new robes + Benno/Corinna comments about knight's order request
    Money for an actual printing press
    Teaching Tulli/grey priests

Did I miss anything from Vol5?

• @justaidan said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

Did I miss anything from Vol5?

Myne needs to act more like a Noble Lady, and acquire a sense of shame

Edit: INB4 P2V2

• Premium Member

I think it comes down too, are the higher ups happy with her just being a battery, or do they want to see what she can do with magic?

• Premium Member

@rahul-balaggan said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

For the first one I think Fran has been trying to convey that Myne is far too humble and needs to develop an attitude and demeanor more becoming of someone recongised by the Archnoble. Fran hated when Myne bowed to that blue robed priest who vandalised the bookroom. Fran's own loyalty to Myne seems to have grown quite a bit over vol 5 and/or he considers her a much better class of noble that the dregs of noble society left in the temple.

Note sure the second is happening anytime soon.

@bunnyfufu said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

I think it comes down too, are the higher ups happy with her just being a battery, or do they want to see what she can do with magic?

From what Ferdinand says is maybe Myne won't be allowed to do too much until she has attended the Royal Academy.

@bunnyfufu LOL, I thought you were talking about @Aimee-Zink for a moment, and was like "...what?"

@rahul-balaggan said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

haha nice one :)

• Premium Member

@justaidan said in Bookworm Part 2 Vol. 2 Discussion!:

I wonder what will be in vol 6. Vol 5 seems to be leading to several events.

I predict at least one new printing technology. Currently we have a crude version of screen printing. Woodcuts, lithography and metal moveable type spring to mind as possibilities, or just better screen printing. There are also etching based methods, but this are probably hard to achieve unless there is a convenient source of strong acid, and in any case I think is more suited to illustration than to text. I'm sure I'm missing more possibilities.

Moveable type is the best, but very hard, so probably won't happen in vol 6. It just might happen in vol 7. I'll put my money on woodcuts as the next method.

Looking releases ,
    Not seeing my favorite ,
    Breaking my heart

• Yukko

@Nosgoroth is it better?I dont have rhyme but baby steps.