Holmes of Kyoto - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for Holmes of Kyoto.

Currently in prepublication: Volume 4!

• Premium Member

Volume 3, Part 1

The cover shows on the series page but doesn't load when I tried to read the first prepub (on Google Chrome from laptop and on app from iPhone).

The "go discuss on the forums!" link at the end of the prepub currently takes me to V2's discussion rather than V3's.

Part 1, 8%: "It's ukiyo-e, right?" -> the word ukiyo-e is italicized here, but not anywhere else in the text (unless it's part of an already italicized phrase like Aoi's thoughts). Not sure if this is an error or she's supposed to be emphasizing the word - but another word used a paragraph earlier, bijin-ga, is italicized and continues to be so throughout the text, which makes it feel like ukiyo-e should be too.

• Premium Member

Volume 3, part 5 3%:
    A Japanese school girl who can't visualize hectares and asks for a conversion to acres? Really?

Volume 3 - Part 5
    [8% and 88%] la cafe kitayama --> It should be le café. In the anime, it was called Le Caf'e 北山.

Thanks for the chapter.

I have some possible edits:

Volume 3, Part 4 at 25%: Holmes smiled brightly, as if he were was an innocent boy.
    Volume 3, Part 7 at 22%: Holmes brushed Akihito’s hand away as if it were was a bit of dust and kneeled in front of the Buddha.
    Volume 3, Part 7 at 41%: Akihito’s eyes watered up as if he were was moved.
    Volume 3, Part 7 at 80%: The paper was faded as if it were was an old treasure map.
    Volume 3, Part 7 at 91%: If that were was the case, he wouldn’t have hidden it from us.

Here is a correction:

Volume 3, Part 8 at 48%: The way your face stiffened with when I said it was real was glorious.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Here are some suggested edits:
    Volume 4, Part 1 at 60%: If it were was the cherry blossom season, I would recommend Ninna-ji Temple or Philosopher’s Walk.

Volume 4, Part 1 at 60%: If it were was May, I could take them to Shimogamo Shrine.

Volume 4, Part 1 at 68%:
    Original: “Would you like me to teach you it in advance?”
    Suggestion: “Would you like me to teach it to you in advance?”

Volume 4, Part 1 at 76%:
    Original: “How long were you behind me for?”
    Suggestion: “How long were you behind me?“

Volume 4, Part 1 at 76%:
    Original: “He made me sign up for his email newsletter a while back, and it said, ‘You’ll watch my live appearance, right’....
    Correction: “He made me sign up for his email newsletter a while back, and he said, ‘You’ll watch my live appearance, right’....

For the last one, I’m assuming that Akihito asked Aoi to watch his live appearance.

Volume 4 - Part 2
    [37 %] We left the store, half forced to by Tsubaki. --> half forced by Tsubaki

Volume 4, Part 3 at 3%: Some people tell me regardless though, and even if I were was a real detective, I wouldn’t want to take any of those cases.