My Instant Death Ability - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for My Instant Death Ability is So Overpowered, No One in This Other World Stands a Chance Against Me!, AKA "Instant Death Cheat".

Currently in prepublication: Volume 4!

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 1:

• [23%] His name was Yuuichiro Kiryuu, one of the four who ► In volume 1 it was Yuuichirou (u at the end).

• Premium Member

V3P2, 15%: "The vice-captain's weapon was a double-bladed longsword, about a meter long". Shouldn't this be a double-edged longsword? Double-bladed would suggest it's something like Darth Maul's weapon, with a blade on each end of the hilt.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 2:

• [11%] “David! What are you doing?!”. ► Remove extra period.
    • [62%] we are supposed to make accomodations for you, ► It should be accommodations.
    • [94%] we’re able to do something we can’t really do. ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 3:

• [67%] figure out what the hell this whiny human wanted.> ► Remove extra > at the end.
    • [74%] and began attacking their neighbouring countries. ► It should be neighboring (US spelling).

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 4:

• [68%] easily large enough to accomodate all of them. Strictly ► It should be accommodate.
    • [94%] “Of course that’s what would bother you,”said Jiyuna. ► Missing space.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 5:

• [Generic] Part 5 has insert9.jpg and the last illustration in part 4 was insert7.jpg. Seems insert8.jpg is missing somewhere?
    • [63%] grabbing Carol by the collar. “Listen! That is the ► Remove extra closing double quote.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 6:

• [25%] hasn’t proceeded too far past the second floor. ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [28%] other’s powers, so it’s only useful up to a point. ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.

• Translators

@Terabyte said in My Instant Death Ability - Corrections Topic:

[Generic] Part 5 has insert9.jpg and the last illustration in part 4 was insert7.jpg. Seems insert8.jpg is missing somewhere?

Well that's certainly odd. I just double checked with the original ebook and all the pictures seem to be in the right places. Not sure what's going on with the naming scheme, but as far as I can tell the pictures are all correct.

• Premium Member

Part 7, 52%:
    "For those who knew about his power, any information they could acquire about him was worth its weight in gold."
    Not sure how the original line goes, but information weighs nearly nothing so this particular analogy probably does not work that well in English. :-)

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 7:

• [9%] “That’s awfully judgemental of you, Battle Unit.” ► It should be judgmental (US spelling).
    • [72%] “I’m home. I assume everything’s about the same? ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [82%] told not to interact with them , but it was probably ► Remove space.
    • [90%] a launching place for robots...”Asaka looked up, ► Missing space.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 8:

• [43%] use your judgement to act as the situation ► It should be judgment (US spelling).
    • [54%] Seeing that, Takoaka promptly shot the ► It should be Takaoka.
    • [90%] through Twitter, that’s the character limit) ► Missing period.

• Premium Member

Volume 4 - Part 1:

• [84%] The counter attack had come. It seemed this method ► It should be counterattack (no space, or maybe hyphen).
    • [91%] It seemed safe to say that his counter attack against ► It should be counterattack (no space, or maybe hyphen).

• Premium Member

Volume 4 - Part 2:

• [56%] as she studied the stranger before them, ► It should be a period.
    • [63%] would see one of them here, of all places. ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [67%] Tomcohika remembered that Yogiri hadn’t ► It should be Tomochika.

• Translators

Just a quick note to echo my post in the discussion thread for Vol4:

The spelling for the names of two characters has been changed starting with this part:
    Teodisia >> Theodisia
    Rislie >> Risley

This is intentional, and not a mistake.

If you have any questions about this change, feel free to drop them in the discussion thread for Volume 4! (https://forums.j-novel.club/topic/4074/instant-death-cheat-vol-4-discussion)

• Premium Member

Volume 4 - Part 3:

• [37%] goddess Vahanato’s plan to resurrect Albagarma, ► It should be release (he was sealed, not dead)?
    • [45%] his essence or whatever. “Ah...umm..actually...” He ► It should be 3 periods.
    • [60%] him grew thicker, signalling a stronger forecast of ► It should be signaling (US spelling).
    • [63%] he had recently become close to . However, their ► Remove extra space.