By the Grace of the Gods - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for By the Grace of the Gods.

Currently in prepublication: Volume 6!

• Premium Member

37% ..., it could be baked into something like unfermented bread.

Should be "unleavened".

Part 2, 98%:
    ~~Beck left my base with a hearty shout... —> Gazelle was the one who was drinking tea with Ryoma, not Beck.

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 2:

• [5%] It must have only barely surprised the bite, but as it was ► It should be rat / creature? @mystyk's correction (below) makes much more sense :)
    • [30%] condition, and its Poison Resistance Level had increased. ► It should be level (lowercase).
    • [42%] to the best of our abilities, check check on your tools and ► Duplicate check.
    • [67%] asked my scavenger slimes to get rid of it. Then I cast ► It should be them (filth and bugs; plural)?
    • [93%] “Right. So you said ’our’ house, but is it just kids ► The starting single quote is wrongly a closing one.
    • [99%] Beck left my base with a hearty shout, unaware that ► It should be Gazelle. Already reported.

• Premium Member

[Pt.2, ~5%]: "It must have only barely surprised the bite..."
    surprised -> survived

[Pt.2, ~10%]: "The bloody slimes were suffering, but I wouldn't say it was in danger.
    it was -> they were

@Terabyte

On the duplicate check at 42%, it's possible it should be

"to the best of our abilities, double check on your tools"

This possibility just makes me smile. A nice little play on the two checks.

Grace 6:2

It must have only barely surprised the bite,

“survived” (already reported)

The bloody slimes were suffering, but I wouldn’t say it was in danger.

“they were” (already reported)

they had antibodies against pathogens as well, more than it did for poisons.

“more than they did”

They can be used as an insect repellent in clothes and books, though.”

I don't know what you were going for here, but I doubt it was “books”. Maybe “beds”?

Part 2
    5%: It must have only barely surprised the bite...
    surprised → survived

7%: The bloody slimes were suffering, but I wouldn't say it was in danger. The bush snake poison was weak, and the bloody slimes had resistance to poison. Not as strong as a poison slime's, but it could handle some types of poison. / I decided to watch for a while and see how diluting the poison and providing nutrients helped it.
    Subject plurality; are there multiple bloody slimes who consumed poison, or just one? Based on later language, it seems multiple slimes were affected.

41% "...After you've been treated to the best of our abilities, check check on your tools and make sure you're using them right!..."
    →Remove doubled word

97%: Beck left my house with a hearty shout, unaware that his target didn't live anywhere around here.
    Beck → Gazelle

• Premium Member

Volume 06 - Part 2:

• [0%] It must have only barely surprised the bite, but as it was in it's den, ► Correct to rat I think Already reported
    • [7%] The bloody slimes were suffering, but I wouldn't say it was in danger. ► Confirm one or many slimes and correct plurals Already reported
      1. 'The bloody slime was suffering, but I wouldn't say it was in danger.'
      2. 'The bloody slimes were suffering, but I wouldn't say they were in danger.'
    • [28%] Even with the realm of snake venom alone, ► Correct to within
    • [35%] I looked into it and found that they had antibodies against pathogens as well, more than it did for poisons. ► Correct to they or alter the sentence after the comma.
      1. 'more than they did for poisons.'
      2. 'more so than poisons.'
    • [35%] After you've been treated to the best of our abilities, check check on your tool ► Remove one Already reported

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 3:

• [2%] students immediately went off, While some stayed ► It should be while (lowercase).