She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends! - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends!

Currently in prepublication: Volume 1! - link to discussion topic

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 1:

• [16%] Breath of the Wild!” ► The dialogue's starting double quote is wrongly a closing one.
    • [55%] ”I’m hoooome! I brought a friend.” ► The dialogue's starting double quote is wrongly a closing one.
    • [88%] homeroom as ‘Kai Nakamura’, but I lied,” he said. ► Move the comma inside the quotes.
    • [90%] “It’s pronounced ‘Ash’.” ► Move the period inside the single quotes.
    • [95%] “....Wha?” ► It shoul1d be 3 periods.
    • [96%] “I’d K-word my parents if they didn’t call me ‘Jun’.” ► Move the period inside the single quotes.

===

Volume 1 - Part 2:

• [1%] got them right where we want ‘em! Camp that spot!” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [2%] The enemies are gonna drop like flies, bwahaha! ► The dialogue's closing double quote is wrongly a starting one.
    • [12%] is starting to pay off!”he said, name-dropping an ► Missing space.
    • [19%] some thugs, I’ll step in and knock ‘em out for you.” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [26%] to use in battle. Blast ‘em away with our in-fighting!” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [39%] faze you if they laugh ‘cause you’ve got me, right?” ► It should be ’cause (different ).
    • [71%] was pretty busy with modelling jobs outside school, ► It should be modeling (US spelling).

• Premium Member

Allow me to apologize in advance for this post.

Everyone was still talking about the game even though it had been out for nearly a year.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was a launch game for the Nintendo Switch, releasing on March 3rd 2017. If the events narrated are indeed happening on the first day of high school approximately a year after the launch of the game, that should be the start of April 2018, so the game should have been out for "just over a year", instead of "nearly a year".

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for this post. Please feel free to ignore it, along with my shame over the fact that I didn't have to look any of this up.

• Staff

@Nosgoroth Haha, don't be sorry! I updated it to "roughly". Thanks for pointing that out.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 3

• [40%] Nocchi did a Nogizaka (?) song with so much energy, it hurt Kai’s ears. is this a TL comment because you're unsure of the reference, or is it Kai not being sure? In case it's the former, my guess is it's a reference to Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.
    • [71%] she’d waited to show until no one was around to show it. should be either show it to, or see it

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 3:

• [Generic] The name Miyakawa is wrongly written 4 times as Myaakawa.
    • [Generic] There's 3 instances of ‘cause that should be ’cause (different ).
    • [1%] “Girls don’t like when you do that, Ash~☆ ► The dialogue's closing double quote is wrongly a starting one.
    • [2%] with Sato then. Somewhere else,” Reina said . ► Remove extra space.
    • [50%] YOU SAY JUST NOW!?” Momoko immediately ► This series uses ?! usually.
    • [52%] needs~! And I’ve always knocked ‘em dead~” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [66%] by the arm, and they got off the train together ► Missing period.
    • [83%] “...Nn ...eaaaal ....fffe ♪” ► It should be 3 periods.
    • [86%] “What does that have to do with it!?” he countered ► This series uses ?! usually.
    • [91%] “‘Think about it?” Jun inquired, another evil grin ► The starting single quote is in italic format while the closing one isn't. 😋
    • [94%] Can't fight my male instincts!!!!! ► It should be Can’t (different ).

• Staff

@pcj Nope, not a TL comment! It was written in Japanese as "Nogizaka (?)", probably in reference to the idol group Nogizaka46. The joke is that their songs aren't really "energetic" so she must... really be putting her own spin on it ;)

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 4:

• [53%] [picture of Kotobuki smiling. Cute.] ► It should be Picture (Capitalized)?
    • [77%] Episode 005 - I’ve Been Hanging with Jun for One Year and Maxed Out a Lot of Stuff ► The title format is missing.
    • [85%] on the side of the bed casually suggested, ► A couple of issues:
      1. It should be and casually?
      2. The paragraph ends with a comma, merge the following dialogue?

• Premium Member

@Terabyte said in She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends! - Corrections Topic:

Volume 1 - Part 4:

• [53%] [picture of Kotobuki smiling. Cute.] ► It should be Picture (Capitalized)?

Or maybe it should be replaced with an insert picture?

• Premium Member

@Nosgoroth said in She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends! - Corrections Topic:

@Terabyte said in She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends! - Corrections Topic:

Volume 1 - Part 4:

I actually thought about that option at first. But if it was an editor's note I doubt they would have added the Cute. part? 🙄

• Translators

@Nosgoroth said in She's the Cutest... But We're Just Friends! - Corrections Topic:

Volume 1 - Part 4:

I actually thought about that option at first. But if it was an editor's note I doubt they would have added the Cute. part? 🙄

This was supposed to be an insert picture, yeah. I'm new, so I wasn't completely up to speed on the formatting used to denote inline images (ditto for the missing header denotation at the beginning of Chapter 5), so I just put some commentary in brackets. The image should be properly inserted now, so go ahead and take a look to appreciate Kotobuki's cuteness.

• Premium Member

@airco ん。Cute.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 5:

• [31%] goddess, she’s a Momokoddamn annoying one. ► It should be damn (remove Momoko)?
    • [44%] “Ash, you know a ton about manga, right? ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [71%] Are you blackmailing ‘em like it’s one of your ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [71%] Ridiculous. How stupud are these people? ► It should be stupid.
    • [73%] ability to casually say the cruellest things. ► It should be cruelest (US spelling).
    • [83%] urgent came up and cancelled. After watching ► It should be canceled (US spelling).
    • [99%] in search of help.“ Oh, how I detest running!” ► Move the space before the quote.

Volume 1 - Part 5:

• [31%] goddess, she’s a Momokoddamn annoying one. ► It should be damn (remove Momoko)?

I think this is actually intended — Kai is riffing on "goddamn" with that word there.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 6:

• [0%] ya wanna live! ‘Cuz you’re, like, actually not gonna ► It should be ’Cuz (different ).
    • [8%] stare down Matsuda’s gang, Kai marvelled at how ► It should be marveled (US spelling).
    • [61%] “Uhhhhh, really?”Kai found this hard to believe. ► Missing space.
    • [71%] “Every one of ‘em is leavin’ us on read!” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [71%] “They’re actin’ like it’d kill ‘em to hang with us!” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [76%] “It’s all ‘cause of that otacreep...” ► It should be ’cause (different ).
    • [79%] how scary Matsuda was. ‘Cause when it rains, it... ► It should be ’Cause (different ).

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 6

• [67%] “So, would you consider becoming friends with me?” Reina asked with a radiant smile. One that was harder to discern if it was faked or honest. “Are... you... serious?” Kai was incredulous that she’d ask after all this time, but the queen was still undaunted. there's a change of speakers mid-paragraph here, should probably be a new paragraph.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 7:

• [2%] “‘Sup.” ► It should be ’Sup (different ).
    • [48%] of grinding for me to get used to ‘em.” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [88%] for you to hold on to your dignity, hmm? ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.

• Premium Member

Volume 1 - Part 8:

• [28%] “Okay, got ‘em.” ► It should be ’em (different ).
    • [87%] It might have been labelled “casual dining,” ► It should be labeled (US spelling).