The Sorcerer's Receptionist - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for The Sorcerer's Receptionist.

Currently in prepublication: Volume 3!

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 1:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 5 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [20%] I suppose we cannot call it a ‘spirit’. It is nothing ► Move the period inside the quotes.
    • [30%] within three days, it’ll be cancelled, so perhaps—” ► It should be canceled (US spelling).
    • [96%] from Maris, however, she would sign off by writing, ► Paragraph ends with a comma, maybe use a colon?

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 1:

• 17% It had been able to resist the attacks of Fire, Water, Earth, Ice, and Wind, but it hadn’t been able to defend itself against Ice, the only spirit whose power it did not possess. > Lightning? (Fire, Water, Earth, Lightning and Wind)

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 2:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 3 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [24%] Life As a Receptionist Lady, Year Two: ► The title in part 1 was Life As a Receptionist without Lady. Is the difference on purpose or an error?
    • [28%] “Hey, did Naru say he’s going ‘save me’? ► It should be going to.
    • [48%] tries to warn Benjamine what’s going on ► It should be of what’s.
    • [56%] finally got as excited as was about seeing ► It should be I was.

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 3:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 2 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [17%] as them having been “denied entry”. Should ► Move the period inside the quotes.
    • [81%] trying to persuade the KIng that there is some ► It should be King (lowercase i).
    • [88%] that has ever happened, or will ever happen, ► Remove the underline format under the second L. (Can't replicate it with markdown syntax though. lol)

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 4:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 2 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [79%] burn them right up with a enflaming incantation, ► It should be an.
    • [93%] Cheena and I finish re-labelling all the books, ► It should be labeling (US spelling).

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 5:

• [Generic] Nanalie says she's calling her friends Meda (Benjamine) and Hera (Nikeh) as part of the disguise, but in dialogues she often uses the name Nikeh instead.
    • [1%] “Are doing this to gain publicity for the Guild?” ► It should be Are we.
    • [12%] working at Harré. It’s a five day event though, ► It should be five-day (hyphen).
    • [43%] of people after dusk. On the way , the streets ► Remove space.
    • [64%] the cute gals here you got workin’ here today? ► Remove first/duplicate here?

• Premium Member

This post is deleted!

• Premium Member

@Terabyte said in The Sorcerer's Receptionist - Corrections Topic:

Volume 3 - Part 5:

• [Generic] Nanalie says she's calling her friends Meda (Benjamine) and Hera (Nikeh) as part of the disguise, but in dialogues she often uses the name Nikeh instead.

she actually mentioned that early on, that she was having trouble remembering to call her Hera. I suspect that was intentional on the part of the author, but not intentional on Nanalie's part.

• Premium Member

@pcj Yeah, but while Nanalie says she's "having trouble remembering" she's basically always calling her Nikeh all time around. Rather than having trouble, she doesn't remember at all...

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 6:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 3 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [41%] The Director of Harré know about this?” ► It should be knows.
    • [57%] and blows white smoke up into the sky ► Missing period.
    • [92%] the straw that broke the camel’s back..? ► It should be 3 periods.

Volume 3 - Part 6
    [18%] If I were to rank every word in the word in order of unpleasantness... ► It should be world

• Premium Member

The website description for V3 duplicates the text for V2, as viewed in Account/Library:

The Sorcerer's Receptionist: Volume 3
    Nanalie has finally become a “Sorcerer’s Receptionist” at Harré! One day, she goes on an investigation with two co-workers—and Alois Rockmann! Will she ever manage to escape from him!? Find out in Volume 2 of “The Sorcerer’s Receptionist.”

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 7:

• [Generic] This series uses !? usually but there are 5 instances of ?! in this part.
    • [20%] would like to visit. It’s reputation certainly isn’t ► It should be Its.
    • [39%] acquaintances of mine here in the garden with us ► Missing period.
    • [46%] “Oh....ah, no, of course not. I did not mean to ► It should be 3 periods.
    • [48%] ► The first paragraph is Rockmann talking, while the second one is Princess Degneah. But then Princess Degneah says my Lady while replying to Rockmann. Should the first dialogue be attributed to Rockmann's mother Lady Leenah instead?
    “In that case, please, allow me to invite you to the dinner party we’ll be having soon,” Rockmann says. “Someone of your caliber should be able to make many friends at an event like that.”

“Goodness me! You honor me, my Lady. I’d very much like to attend a party at the house of the Duke!”

• [50%] you talking about? I am making no such ‘face’.” ► Move the period inside the single quotes.
    • [50%] as ever, is quietly trying to sooth Maris’s ill temper. ► It should be soothe.
    • [54%] Duchess Norweia had been been standing to my ► Duplicate been.
    • [67%] for Rockmann’s transformation is is because of. ► Remove is is because of at the end.
    • [73%] “This is my home! ...Hold on? ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [79%] “doe-sn’t like that” or “he likes this”, and so on. ► Move the comma inside the quotes.
    • [88%] Oh dear. “Um, hmm....” I think, looking around ► It should be 3 periods.

Volume 3 - Part 7
    [20 %] Beautiful and grand as it may be, however, this is my second time here ► It is the third time that Nanalie enters Doran's castle, as stated a few paragraphs earlier.

• Premium Member

@jugoes said in The Sorcerer's Receptionist - Corrections Topic:

Volume 3 - Part 7
    [20 %] Beautiful and grand as it may be, however, this is my second time here ► It is the third time that Nanalie enters Doran's castle, as stated a few paragraphs earlier.

I think it was her second time in the garden (the first being when Maris invited her).

• Premium Member

@Terabyte Except that it says a line later:

Actually, wasn’t I basically forced to come here the other two times?

• Premium Member

P7 36%:
    She appraises me of all the recent twists and turns in her love life
    apprises

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 7

• [65%] He must have changed with that clash of light. >> should be flash

• Premium Member

Volume 3 - Part 8:

• [31%] of “that was delicious” stops me in my tracks ► Missing period.
    • [35%] do I want to to think of him as a good guy? ► Duplicate to.
    • [61%] in their joint operations against the demons. ► Not a dialogue(?). Remove the closing double quote.
    • [68%] Cancelling the Wall Helenus would require the ► It should be Canceling (US spelling).
    • [68%] consensus around cancelling the tournament, ► It should be canceling (US spelling).