I Shall Survive Using Potions! - Corrections Topic

• Staff

This is the dedicated topic for posting suggested corrections for I Shall Survive Using Potions!

Currently in prepublication: Volume 6!

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 1:

• [4%] for emergencies and other important situations!” ” ► Duplicate closing double quote.
    • [20%] greatest threat, which is you, the first prince...” ► Remove you, (comma included). Kaoru's talking to Serge and not Brancott's first prince. (He's not even there?)
    • [26%] no intention of helping one side of a mortal war .” ► Remove space.

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 2:

• [4%] they stopped hearing from him with him. It was ► Remove with him.
    • [22%] insert3.jpg ► This is either the wrong illustration or it's placed in the wrong spot.
    • [35%] dining hall in Brancott, were one in the same, ► It should be and.
    • [46%] Chapter 40: Final Moments ► It should be 44? The last chapter in part 1 was Chapter 43: The Battle Begins.
    • [51%] insert4.jpg ► This is either the wrong illustration or it's placed in the wrong spot.
    • [81%] insert5.jpg ► This is either the wrong illustration or it's placed in the wrong spot.

• Premium Member

V6 P3 25%:
    but she knew that Kaoru had a special place in her heart for them Even now that she was dead
    Missing period.

At 87%, Kaoru's narration says "just over a year", but it's been five years (Kaoru time) since she initially entered this world.

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 3:

• [0%] her unbridled rage and hatred against the enemy . ► Remove extra space.
    • [83%] It was Reiko Kuon in her fifteen year old body, ► It should be fifteen-year-old (hyphens).
    • [83%] her body was that of a fifteen year old, it was ► It should be fifteen-year-old (hyphens).

Then, the first prince and newly crowned king of Balmore negotiated a peace treaty with the Kingdom of Balmore,

Brancott

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 4:

• [9%] “I thought I was gonna die... ► The dialogue's closing double quote is missing.
    • [10%] And when you die, you’re removed from your ► The dialogue's starting double quote is missing. (Or merge it with the previous paragraph; it's all Reiko talking.)
    • [63%] that Kaoru had been made out as some villain. ► It should be had not / hadn’t?
    • [69%] and newly crowned king of Balmore negotiated ► It should be Brancott. Already reported.

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 4

• [61%] If you wanted to research a country, picking their official history. >> should be pick

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 5:

• [35%] these days we do have skilled staff , so we mix it ► Remove extra space.
    • [45%] About Fran saving the continent...,it wasn’t as if ► Replace the comma with a space

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 6:

• [11%] the first Ed Silver once told me that if the Goddess ► It should be said or it implies Ed said it directly to him. (He's the twelfth generation so Ed's already dead at this point.) Also, you might want to check the next dialogue, too.
    • [59%] Tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet!Tweet tweet tweet ► Missing space.

• Premium Member

V6P6 60%:
    And so, we went off of the street and into a thicket where we couldn’t be spotted. We didn’t want to be caught illegally camping out in the open, especially not somewhere we could be seen from the street. If you’re gonna camp, you have to do it somewhere where you can’t be seen.

Street is usually used in a town or city; road fits the circumstance better.

I brought out chairs and a table, a cooking table, a simple furnace, a water tank, cookware, and some ingredients, then got straight to making dinner.

stove fits American usage better. We use furnaces to heat houses.

Later, she describes the "furnace" as being like a camping/cooking fire.

• Premium Member

Volume 6 - Part 7:

• [3%] that came from a far-away land. They might discuss ► It should be far away (space; which is also used later on) or faraway (no hyphen).
    • [62%] the realtor chased me away as soon as they saw us... ► It should be us?