(Unofficial) Android/Win10 Rokujouma Reader. 40% faster crashes for the same price.

• @smashman42 Night mode switch explicitly sets reader (as in, thing with actual prepub text and nothing else) colors to #00/#FF black&white. Everything else follows the system theme colors. I just happen to have white on on windows and grayish on android as seen on the first post (updated couple of days ago).

• Premium Member

@_08 The UI has switched to white on Android for me with v0.2.2 when all previous versions where grey

• @smashman42 I didn't change anything color-related in my code but I updated some of tools which could in theory affect it. I uploaded a couple of 0.2.2b builds on google drive in case you want to experiment with that: _Plain.apk is built with newest tools and libraries, _VS17_SDK26_Forms34.apk is built with older MSBuild, targets older android SDK and uses older Xamarin.Forms. It's pretty unlikely that whatever you find will help to resolve that because I can't reproduce it myself so reporting or fixing that won't be easy. Maybe it'll just resolve itself sometime later.

• Premium Member

Plain made no difference, the older SDK one wouldn't let me install it over the top - I'll try wiping app data/cache/uninstalling when I get a chance.

The device is an LG V30+ stuck on 8.0.0 atm (LG is infamously crap with updates after all, though supposedly I'll eventually get 9.x) so I was hoping the older target one might have worked.

If you can't reproduce it then it makes it super hard to do anything, I'll just live with it if I can't get that older target one to install. I can't complain much about something that's free after all!

Edit: the older target version is the same. Meh, I'll live.

Which version should I be using for future upgrade versions - regular 0.2.2 or 0.2.2b plain?

• @smashman42 said in (Unofficial) Android/Win10 Rokujouma Reader. 40% faster crashes for the same price.:

Plain made no difference, the older SDK one wouldn't let me install it over the top

I forgot to bump up the version for apks except for plain and apparently android won't easily let you downgrade.

The device is an LG V30+ stuck on 8.0.0 atm (LG is infamously crap with updates after all, though supposedly I'll eventually get 9.x) so I was hoping the older target one might have worked.

I only have 5.0. and 6.0 so it's not about your version being old. I certainly need to set up the emulator some day.

Which version should I be using for future upgrade versions - regular 0.2.2 or 0.2.2b plain?

Both will work but 0.2.2b has two or three bugs fixed.

• To commemorate Microsoft killing WinPhone (again) new version is uploaded to MS store.
    version 0.2.3:

• Version uploaded to MS store. Same as 0.2.4 except for a little bug with recent parts list and some experimental features disabled

version 0.2.4:

• Various bugs fixed (403 images being stuck in DL queue and causing significant CPU usage, non-JFIF JPEGs possibly causing crashes maybe something else I forgot)
    • Android's theme is explicitly set to dark
    • Manga is disabled by default, needs to be enabled using a switch with cursed animations
      alt text

• Premium Member

@_08 said in (Unofficial) Android/Win10 Rokujouma Reader. 40% faster crashes for the same price.:

• Android's theme is explicitly set to dark

Yay, that fixed my stupid phone's bug