Justus R Stone Light Novel Podcast: Index Podcast is Live!

• Premium Member

Latest episode is up. A Certain Magical Index focused.

https://youtu.be/bbxSrwNBK_A

Crew:

Tom
    Kyle
    Flyz
    BioGundam
    JL
    Justus (for a portion at least; he hasn't read as much as everyone else).

I haven't read any Index myself.

• Premium Member

@the-green-death said in Justus R Stone's Light Novel Podcast. Update: Goblin Slayer! 11/17:

God I hate BioGundam

I love BioGundam. He is very honest and I like that honesty. He has a masterful use of language, his eloquent language must be something to respect!

• Premium Member

"Okay, so let me give you the real low-down people. A Certain Magical Index is about a guy named Touma Kamijou, he's off fighting crimes and saving dames. If there's villainy in the city of Academy City, he's the first one there to tell people that they're not living their life correctly and give them a punch in the face with his magical right hand. The right hand is a giant metaphor and he also saves a catholic nun, whose accused of pagan heresy."

XD

• Premium Member

I think one thing that can be talked about in the LN podcasts are foreshadowing and fan theories. I think something like Overlord and The Monogatari Series would be great for this. Stuff like "who is Ougi?" "What was Araragi and Kanbaru doing during Nekomonogatari (White)?" "What is Albedo thinking/up to?" And "Who did Demiurge see near the start of vol 6?" It was touched on a bit in Index podcast with the forgetting ideas part and Mental out. This can even be something you do as you talk about each volume individually of what was foreshadowed (or possible foreshadowing) were in each volume.

• Premium Member

@drone205 said in Justus R Stone Light Novel Podcast: Index Podcast is Live!:

@the-green-death said in Justus R Stone's Light Novel Podcast. Update: Goblin Slayer! 11/17:

God I hate BioGundam

I love BioGundam. He is very honest and I like that honesty. He has a masterful use of language, his eloquent language must be something to respect!

I’ve only heard the first episode but I found him to be neither honest nor eloquent and certainly no one to respect.

I found him a raging “I’m right you’re wrong” character with the depth of his critique being that Phantom Bullet was exactly like Star Wars (on a superficial level only, for whatever it’s faults the story structure and character interactions are completely different). Then he went off on how weak people who like High School anime are and how awesome and strong ninja shows are. He capped it off by going into some bizarre stories of his personal backstory that seemed to come straight out of fan fiction.

But what I liked least about him is how he forcibly bludgeoned his opinion so no one in the conversation got a word in edgewise. If I wanted that sort of personality I’d watch political commentary shows.

I am someone who likes good debate against the things I like because it lets me see facets and aspects to the story I might have missed, but Bio’s opinions only came across as blunt and rude and not well constructed at all. I felt burnt out after listening to him, not what I want on my free time.

So, yeah the podcast isn’t for me, but I’m happy others enjoy it. There’s plenty out there for me to enjoy without it.

I'm following the podcast and enjoying it. If I had been into light novels earlier (started this August with Grimgar), I would have applied to co-host.
    My support for this show, the crew is good and fun. Lookign forward for the next ones.

• Premium Member

@the-green-death I was half joking, half serious when I said that. Justus did say in the first Podcast that he thinks Bio will be the most controversial out of the bunch. Some people are scared to say the things they really think and feel. Bio does not beat around the bush thus, making it easier for others to say what they feel. It is easier to open up a bit if someone else had already. Sometimes you just need a Ranta in your group.

• Premium Member

@drone205 said in Justus R Stone Light Novel Podcast: Index Podcast is Live!:

I think one thing that can be talked about in the LN podcasts are foreshadowing and fan theories. This can even be something you do as you talk about each volume individually of what was foreshadowed (or possible foreshadowing) were in each volume.

We're recording an episode on Katanagatari next Tuesday (it won't go up for a bit though), so maybe we'll get a chance to do this. =]

Fan theories I avoid because, well, I don't read many fanslations, and a lot of fans do to come up with stuff. I could do my own personal predictions.