Novel pick-up request for the "YASEI NO LAST BOSS GA ARAWARETA!" Light Novel series

• Premium Member

Just thought to check for a thread about this, and am glad to see that one exists. Adding my vote to the pile.

What intrigues me about this story is that Lufasu is a player who gets transported into the game world as the (female) Demon Lord he was roleplaying as, so on and so forth... except that Lufasu also has another set of memories consistent with the setting, as in what might have been the "true" memories if the game was a real place.

So Lufasu the player has their knowledge of the game world, but Lufasu the character has their own history and background, and it's implied that the player didn't deliberately come up with them back when he was playing the game.

For example:

It's a mystery that interests me greatly, and keeps me reading. I don't actually know much more than what the manga scanlation has gone up to (since the fan translation of the webnovel hasn't progressed that far), so I don't know if there will be a good payoff, but that's why I'm hoping JNC will licence this.

Although to be honest, what really endeared me to this story was right at the beginning, when Lufasu was summoned "by accident", and everyone is terrified that they have unsealed the Demon Lord. And Lufasu (or rather, Lufasu's player roleplaying) just goes "well, yes, I was the Demon Lord, but I lost. So now I'm just an ordinary woman who lost her dreams. I bear no grudges, and wish you no harm. Live free and in peace."

• Premium Member

This sounds pretty great, I must have missed it when the forum first got flooded with separate licensing suggestion threads. Thanks for bumping the thread, @unsynchedcheese

• Premium Member

Yeah, I love the Manga of this and would love to see the book released. Another vote from me.

• Premium Member

Well, the be specific, she's isn't/wasn't the demon lord, because there is/was an actual demon lord... but everybody basically considered her to be more powerful than the actual demon lord, and she went and conquered the entire world, hence why they called her the true "last boss" :P

(all of the above is the initial premise, explained right at the start).

• Premium Member

Yeah I could get behind this one, seems interesting.

• Premium Member

@guspaz said in Novel pick-up request for the "YASEI NO LAST BOSS GA ARAWARETA!" Light Novel series:

Well, the be specific, she's isn't/wasn't the demon lord, because there is/was an actual demon lord... but everybody basically considered her to be more powerful than the actual demon lord, and she went and conquered the entire world, hence why they called her the true "last boss" :P

(all of the above is the initial premise, explained right at the start).

Yeah, the MMO Lufasu was made for had the novel system of the "Novel System" (pun intended), where popular or interesting player-created things happening in the game were made canon, and Lufasu's rise and defeat definitely counted, but in the actual dev-written story there was supposed to be a more standard Demon Lord. The player himself made the (planned) defeat as flashy and dramatic as possible, with a whole speech about "with this strength, maybe you can truly defeat the Demon Lord", so when he found himself as Lufasu, he has to reconcile his OOC meta knowledge about how events went down with the in-universe version of history.

I did like the glimpses at the fan BBS messages of the game after the Lufasu's Defeat event in the intro, where the playerbase were going "that was amazing" and "wait, wasn't there supposed to be the actual Demon Lord? Forgot his name, whatever".

• I teally liked the manga and totally would like to read the novel too!

• Premium Member

First volume of the manga is free on Bookwalker JP (doesn't appear to be a trial, but the full first volume to keep).

https://bookwalker.jp/de17bb8eb6-a9bb-45f9-909a-974d2aa65968/?acode=WpfPW3yk