Shout out for DRM-free books
-
I think I can speak for many people when I say I'm incredibly fatigued by buying things I don't actually own. From games to movies to even physical devices, companies are pushing consumers away from ownership even when it makes zero sense to do so beyond blind corporate greed.
I have limited funds and time to spend on books. I have to choose who I give these precious resources to, and I choose again and again to give them to J-Novel Club precisely because I feel like I actually own the books.
-
Yeah, despite some of the developments about subscription that I strongly disagree with over the years, the DRM-free book is the one thing I will always respect JNC for.
And of course, due to Miaitis too, so as long as the series still here. I will still be here.
It’s such a small feature but extremely valuable.
-
Yes. DRM-free ebooks with bonus stories is amazing.