Magi's Grandson / Kenja no Mago

• alt text

Author: Yoshioka Tsuyoshi
    Volumes: 8 (Ongoing)

Description: Thanks to various magic, the human race has been saved from calamity many, many times. Retaining his memories from his previous life, a boy, Shin, was picked up by an old man known to the world as a “Magi.”

Shin was brought up by the Magi, who had retired to a secular place, as his own grandson. With the memories of his past life, he absorbed the Magi’s craft and grew to be able to develop his own magic.

Then, the grandfather told him he has to become independent when he reaches the age of 15.

“Ah, I forgot to teach him common sense.”

The grandson who has grown beyond the level of normal people, lacked common sense; the common sense of the world. So to learn how to socialize, he goes to Earlshide Kingdom City to be admitted to Earlshide Advanced Magic Academy.

My thoughts:
    I like this. Its a funny story and the protagonist doesn't built a harem (a plus for me) and his love interest is clear early on. There are a lot of good Character's too, like Gus!
    I also like how his lack of common sense is portrait. So funny!

An anime for this has been announced right? Strangely there hadn't been any follow up announcements.

I remember this was one of those titles that stood out because of the antagonists.

• Premium Member

They haven’t even announced a format (TV/OVA etc) as far as I know.
    The novel is published under Enterbrain, like Kokoro Connect, so it’s now a real possibility.

• Premium Member

I wholeheartedly support the notion of adding this LN to JNC! I found the manga originally and the searched for the LN. I stopped reading after I caught up to what was then translated. It would be great if JNC could pick this up.

• @silvermane is there a chance jnc will license it ?
    it would be great if they did.

• It was announced recently that there's going to be an anime adaptation now it seems.

• Premium Member

@kite-xx

Nice, I haven't read the WN of this yet but i thought the Manga was pretty decent.

• Premium Member

I would seriously love to see this novel picked up it was one of the first Japanese things I ever read and I really wish it had an official translation.