Ascendance of a Bookworm - anime discussion
-
Final part 3 episode:
The pacing seems weird. Too much recap at the start, too much time in Ferd and Boni discussion, the resolution of Brigitte/Damuel was very short and incompletely explained, bits with lower city damily much too short for the emotional impact they should have had.
I'd have had the reveal of the 2 year timeskip happen at the same time for Rozemyne and the viewer. And Ferd should have broken it to her much more gently. We also should have got R seeing Gil and others all grown up.
Good news is that they do seem to intend to keep animating. Can we please get at least five seasons for part 4? That would bring the pace down to about the same as part 2.
I may have more to say later, but it is sleep time for me now.
-
Yea I concur with @Libri-Liberorum on the pacing.
It's also quite strange that both Charlotte and Wilfried are at the same towns for spring prayer.
The last scenes are directly from Part 4, so I guess if the anime has a next season, we start directly in the Academy instead of having Myne do her frenetick learnning of Year 1 materials.Would have been nice to see the attendants grown up but oh well.
Time to wait for the next season's announcement. Like @Libri-Liberorum I hope they do a more moderate pacing next time.EDIT:
We had the announcement that yes, there's a new season in the works (time to be determined).