Which otome games did you play?
SilverCat422 last edited by SilverCat422
Which otome games did you play and which ones would you like to play? It doesn’t matter, if they are licensed, or not.
I've never played any but i've watch a let's play of "Amour sucré" (Sweet love in english) a stupid play in browser, pay to win dating sim, the game is terrible but the let's play was really fun.
I'm interest for title tho since aside from that one shitty game and the dating sim involving pigeons I can't remember ever hearing the name of a proper otome game.
And the closest thing have played to one would be Mass effect as female Shepard or "dating sim" like Fate stay/night and Steins;gate
Lixaxy last edited by Lixaxy
I own a whole bunch of otome games, but haven't started playing yet (mainly for PS Vita).
Some of them are:
- Period Cube
- Bad Apple Wars
- Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly
- Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk
- Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms
- Collar X Malice
- Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
I'm currently playing:
- Norn9: War Commons
- Brothers Conflict: Passion Pink (Japanese only)
- Amnesia: Later (Japanese only)
I've also finished (100%) playing:
- Hakuoki Kyoto Winds
- Amnesia: Memories
When it comes to companies I mostly only know Otomate (Hakuoki, Brothers Conflict, Amneisa, etc.), but they mainly make games for handhelds, such as NDS, PSP and PS Vita. Some of thier games are available on Steam, but if you don't have access to any computer or game console, I would recomend the company Voltage.
Voltage have two branch companies, one Japanese and one in the US. The US features characters from minor populations, such as black, trans, homo, etc. The Japanese branch is more the cliché type and based on Japanese standards. Only some of the games from the Japanese branch have been translated.
The stories is divided by character, and after that in 3 different categories. The main storie (4$), side stories (2$) and special stories (varying in price).
My personal favorites are:
- Star-Crossed Myth
- My Last First Kiss
- Her Love in the Force
- Irresistible Mistakes
- True Love Sweet Lies
- Liar! Uncover the Truth (does not follow the normal pay system)
Hope you'll find anything to your liking!
Right now I'm playing through London Detective Mysteria for PS Vita. It's a looong game, but I'm glad it finally came west :>
@lixaxy I have Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi on my Nintendo 3DS.
The art and character designs for the Hakuoki games and anime are amazingly beautiful.
@jan-suzukawa I know! 😍 I would really recommend buying the remake versions available for PC and Ps Vita. The new characters are amazing!!
IF also have pretty frequent sales, where you can get both games for around 20$. It's worth it, I promise!
@verdelishjp That game looked really interesting, but since I'm a forever broke student I'm waiting for a sale before I buy it.
I've played a whole lot of otome games. If I remember correctly, the sequence in which I've played them, was like this:
- Psp: Musketeers: Le Sang des Chevaliers (100% complete)
- Psp: Crimson Empire ~Circumstances to serve a Noble~
- Psp: Mahoutsukai to Goshujinsama ~New Ground~
- Psp: Arabians Lost ~The Engagement on Desert~
- Psp: Romeo vs Juliet (100% complete)
- Psp: Arabians Doubt ~The Engagement on Desert~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Romeo & Juliet (100% complete)
- Psp: Kuroyuki Hime ~Snow Black~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Mermaid Gothic (100% complete)
- Psp: Kuroyuki Hime ~Snow Magic~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: Shinsouban Crimson Empire ~Circumstances to serve a Noble~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: Shinsouban Mahoutsukai to Goshujinsama ~New Ground~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: Shinsouban Okashi na Shima no Peter Pan ~Sweet Neverland~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: Angelique Retour
- Psvita: Reine des Fleurs
- Psvita: Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite (100% complete)
- Psvita: 12 Ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: 24 Ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: 0 Ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~ (100% complete)
- Psvita: Genji Koi Emaki (100% complete)
- Psp: Shinsouban Heart no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Shinsouban Clover no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Joker no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~
- Psp: Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Wonder World~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Diamond no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Mirror World~ (100% complete)
- Psp: Heart no Kuni no Alice ~Wonderful Twin World~ (100% complete)
Out of all those games, the ones which were my absolute favorites, were 'Shinsouban Okashi na Shima no Peter Pan ~Sweet Neverland~' and 'Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite'. They are also the ones I would recommend the most.^^
With 'Crimson Empire ~Circumstances to serve a Noble~, 'Mahoutsukai to Goshujinsama ~New Ground~' and 'Arabians Lost ~The Engagement on the Desert~' I've spend the longest time playing them. They had quite a difficult gaming system and unfortunately I've never managed to complete them (maybe I should finally start to look for a good gaming guide for them, otherwise I will probably never complete them like this...). Their remakes were much more easier to play, the new art style was awesome and totally refreshing too (compared to the art style of the old ones). Next to the 'Alice' series, these three games (which share the same world by the way) were the most popular ones made by the gaming company 'Quinrose'.
Anyway, most of the games on my list were made by said company, which unfortunately doesn't exist anymore. But I had the most fun with their games, so I think it's really a shame that they've gone bankrupt.
Then there were four games I've played, but didn't really like, so I wouldn't recommend them:
- Psp: Grimm the Bounty Hunter (Dropped)
- Psp: Black Code (Dropped)
- Psp: Majo'ou (Dropped)
- Psvita: Diabolic Lovers: Haunted Dark Bridal (Dropped. Shouldn't have played it in the first place, now I can't delete the trophies...)
And well, at the moment there aren't really any otome games I still would like to play, maybe the 'Code: Realize' series though.
@clarabelle I'm not completely fluent when it comes to reading kanji, so do you remember which of these games has a complete (or almost complete) voice over?
@Lixaxy Unfortunately none of them has a complete voice over, sorry. There are always parts you must read by yourself without vocal support.