Improve the prepub reader

like the title say , the prepub reader is awful to use on pc . I dunno if there's already a topic about it so I opened one .

• Premium Member

While there probably have been topics raised in the past, you're probably going to want to list out specific enhancements you want or the particular gripes you have, whether it's for the manga reader or the LN reader, etc. Just a general "make it better" type thing tends to invite all sorts of problems if they revamp it, but nothing you wanted fixed gets upgraded.

• Premium Member

The reader burns through battery on my phone.

• Dark mode on the web prepub reader.
    • Vertical scroll reader.
    • Spacing settings (line spacings, left-right margin, etc.)

• Premium Member

Dark mode on web reader would be nice. Also, I don't know if this happens for everyone, but if there's like a really long shout or something that takes up more than one line, instead of forming like a paragraph it bleeds onto the following "pages" for me, making the lines it overlaps with unreadable.

1 -Please, in the "series content" please, put chapter names, instead of repeating the title of the novel and then something like "volume 2 part3".
    It,s dificult to find a chapter you want to re-read.

2 - And option to Turn pages, instead of having to scroll, it´s tiresome.

3- Use the volume buttons to advance while reading (like the kindle app)

4- A scrollinf option, that shows how long we are in the text, and that allows to skip to any part of the text.

@stalepizza Oh man, the current "Dark Mode" on the web reader is a complete joke. It makes everything EXCEPT the paginated area dark, making the whole feature pointless.

Another feature missing might be adjusting the height & width of the reader, or having it fill the screen. Instead it appears that the reader's height is automatically calculated from the height of your screen, instead of allowing us to adjust it ourselves.

• Premium Member

The Android app has many issues too.

1. pages eventually stop loading as I read, and have to back out and resume. Happens at least twice per prepub release.

2. the paragraph right before an image never ever loads. So I have to open the web reader, go to that page, and then move back to the app to continue. Been doing this almost since the begining.

@seltzermx said in Improve the prepub reader:

1. the paragraph right before an image never ever loads. So I have to open the web reader, go to that page, and then move back to the app to continue. Been doing this almost since the begining.

I think what happens here is that the image sometimes overlaps with the paragraph before it, depending on the size of your screen (Doesn't happen on my phone, but happens on my Chromebook laptop screen)