Demon Lord Retry anime

• Premium Member

Released in English 11 days ago, my copy arrived Friday. Just finished binge watching it, and I'd rate it as a good representation of the story up through the beginning of the Akira's trip north. There were things left out - like the uncertainty of Aku's sex at the start - but it covered a heck of a lot more "major plot points" than the Smartphone anime did.

I hope a second season is coming, even though Funimation is billing it as "The Complete Series!"

• Premium Member

Greetings from the future!

I just saw this anime, and I'm honestly not that surprised they haven't announced a new season/may not be making it. I thought the show was pretty good up until episode 11 which was just a Yukikaze fan service episode with an exposition dump mixed in and episode 12 was just a white angel fan service episode with an exposition dump mixed in. Generally, if a show has so little confidence in its material that it seems to believe people won't like it without making it super thirsty, it isn't a very good sign.

At very least, this probably should have been a 16 episode season that ended with conquering the first dungeon, that would have made the whole show feel a little more substantive. IMO at least.

• Premium Member

@SomeOldGuy I watched it online, but didn't buy it, unlike Smartphone, which I bought at a substantial discount. I agree that the Demon Lord anime was considerably better. As far as the LN, I'm going with Smartphone.

• Premium Member

I like the show. Even though there are some questionable animation parts. Especially the part with Zero against this demon prince (was it Alvid). I don't know if they wanted to make it more hilarious but damn this rolling after the punch was just ... bad. Or how Queen got pushed back by this attack beam.