• alt text

Covers of volume 2-5

Original Webnovel

Japanese: Free Life Fantasy Online ~人外姫様、始めました~

Publisher: Kodansha (K Lanove Bunko)

Volume: 5 (Ongoing)

Author: Nenohi Akisuzu

Illustrators: Sherry

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Shounen, Slice of Life

Synopsis:
    Free Life Fantasy Online… a.k.a. FLFO.

Tsukishiro Kotone receives this game a gift from her little sister and starts playing.
    The character’s race she has selected was… one of “Inhuman” races for enthusiasts.
    A race said to be bad even among Inhuman races that are known to be difficult – a Zombie.

Other Works: Manga Adaption
    The Manga adaption is serialized in Kodansha's Shounen Sirius magazine and currently has 2 volumes published.

Cover of volumes 1-2 of the Manga

Fantranslation: regularly releases of the web novel chapters.

• Premium Member

I’ve been buying and enjoying this one. I like me a crafting-heavy story, although it’s a pity that the crafting is all food ^^;

• Premium Member

I really want to read more gaming novels, so definitely upvote!!! The story sounds interesting and it's the first gaming novel I know of, which is from the view of a female player (in A Wild Last Boss Appeared! and She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wiseman is the player male with a female avatar). Furthermore she starts as a zombie, which makes it all the more interesting.

Another plus point is the pretty art and J-Novel Club has good ties with the publisher and already licensed some other titles from it, for example I Shall Survive Using Potions! and Her Majesty's Swarm to name a few. Another interesting and fun part is, that the world building is similar detailed like that of Infinite Dendrogram.
    I would love it, if J-Novel Club would license it!!!

@Lotteliese Maybe you should update your post with the number of volumes ( 5 and still ongoing) and update the genre (Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Shounen, Slice of Life) and write that there exists a manga adaption too. A more detailed opinion of yours about the novel would be nice too.

• @Liber-Monstrorum I have the entry now updated!

• Premium Member

@Lotteliese Thanks, but the manga adaption has only two volumes so far. The light novel has five volumes.

• @Liber-Monstrorum I have it now corrected

• Premium Member

For anyone interested, here are the covers of the following volumes:

A spoiler of the setting in the game:

• Sounds good. And playing as a zombie seems really interesting, I would love to read it, moreover the art is beautiful! Upvote!!!

• Just updated the post now.

• I should really read the web novel too. This novel sounds totally exiting, especially that the main character uses a zombie as her avatar. If the world building and game setting is indeed similar detailed to Infinite Dendrogram (a gaming novel I really enjoy) then it‘s definitely worth reading, in fact I would love to see this novel getting licensed!!!
    Please license it!!!!!!

• @Lotteliese Um, you posted the wrong cover of volume 2. This is the cover of the manga adaption, not the novel.
    Maybe it would also help, if you write next to the publisher Kodansha “K Lanove Books“. It‘s the same sub-publisher J-Novel Club already licensed two novels from it. And besides JNC only another publisher has licensed from them (three novels in total, two from them got licensed by JNC), so we have good chances to get it.
    And I know I sound like @Liber-Monstrorum right now, but it would be very nice, if you could update the starter post with your own opinion regarding the novel. This gets more people attracted to it.

• Skimmed through the manga raws, but I like the novel much more, it's much more detailed and the art style is so beautiful!!! For anyone who is interested in this series, try reading the web novel, you won't regret it.

• Premium Member

I’m currently reading a fan translation of the LN. I would really like to see this licensed in English!