Library updating problem
My library is not updating with my new purchases
Well, it seems like the Library is just messed up at the moment since I can't use the search function on it.
@drone205 I did make a small change earlier to the front end code... can you try fully reloading the page?
@sam-pinansky well I have reloaded the page a few times and the search problem is still there.
@drone205 Can you be specific about what happens with the search function?
@sam-pinansky when I try to write something in it like "Rokujouma" it does not show it in the search bar and in the URL it will show
but when I write the 'o' after 'r' it shows
even when I try to search directly in the URL with a
and enter it shows "Empty Library!"
@drone205 Works here on firefox. Maybe you haven't reloaded hard enough (ctrl+F5), or maybe some browser's specifics.
@_08 I've tried on Safari, and Chrome on both mobile and Desktop and i can't search anything
@rahul-balaggan Works on Edge and Chrome too. I feel special now.
(inb4 everyone else just have more books).
Another observation: in chrome each of those URL changes initiates getting favicon thrice (pulls from cache) and posting to Google Analytics. It also sends to Stripe, but that seems to be throttled a bit. In firefox it only posts to Stripe.
I've tested in Win 10 - Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (64 bit) and search works just fine for me after a hard refresh.
@drone205 That's really odd behavior I'm not seeing on my end. Which browser are you using?
Are you sure when you reloaded you fully reloaded the entire page? Try going to the j-novel.club top page and going back to your library from there.
If you know how, open up a developer console and tell me if you see any errors there.
This is all a side effect of a tweak I made thanks to New Life + going away.
In order to make sure people could still see it in their library if they bought it, I changed the way the list ordering works. It used to order by "series" then "volume number", but since the "series" is now private I changed it to ordering based on the volume title alone...
Someone with the issue open up the developer's console and show me the errors you're seeing there, I have a hunch why it's only effecting certain people.
I just noticed it after reading about it here. I do not use the search function that often. Same issue as Drone205 described. I'm using Chrome an get the following error displayed in the console:
19.mypagebarlibrary.a2bb2fd5de000488955a.js:7 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'title' of undefined
at Array.filter (<anonymous>)
at s (19.mypagebarlibrary.a2bb2fd5de000488955a.js:7)
at keywordUpdated (19.mypagebarlibrary.a2bb2fd5de000488955a.js:7)
at t.value (19.mypagebarlibrary.a2bb2fd5de000488955a.js:7)
at p.updateComponent (app.b9de8ec2fe8c531c4b5a.js:44)
at p.receiveComponent (app.b9de8ec2fe8c531c4b5a.js:44)
at Object.receiveComponent (app.b9de8ec2fe8c531c4b5a.js:11)
@sam-pinansky chrome tools suck apparently, but it may be this thing: .concat(e.serie.title).toLowerCase()
Also, Paladin isn't sorted well the way you do it.
Both of you are getting the errors because you haven't fully reloaded the website code.
Clear your cache and fully reload, that error is because you're still using the old version of the website and when you have new life+ in your library it will fail to have a "series" title.
The script from July 2 performs filtering by checking the serie title, among other things
@sam-pinansky No, I cleared all browsing history, cookies and site data. Still the same issue. I used Firefox instead of Chrome (which I had not previously used for j-novel.club). Still the same issue. Tried Chrome-Browser on my smartphone. Still the same issue.
@_08 I made the update earlier today though... The current code on the site definitely doesn't have that anymore.
There's got to be some caching of the old js somewhere.
Edit: looks like the hash number of your file is the latest version, and I can see the code fragment listed above... Now to figure out where in the world that's coming from in the non-obfuscated code.
I wish it was occuring on my side....
Ah, found it! There's the culprit, it was hiding in the container code. Should have a fix up in a minute or two.
@sam-pinansky I can confirm: Now the filter function is working for me.