Novel pick-up requests

Hello i just joined and i wonder if its possible to translate this. If not, please explain.

Infinite Stratos

Thank you in advance

• @daniel-lindblad yes it is possible to translate the novel, however licensing it is a different story.

It’s a catalogue title for both Over-lap and Hobby Japan, so dealing with the true license holder is one of the issues that arise.

I could always be wrong but more then likely we won’t see a license of Infinite Stratos any time soon, or at all.

• Premium Member

idk if this has been requested but

https://myanimelist.net/manga/86710/Majo_no_Ie__Ellen_no_Nikki

Yen Press has the manga, but I dont know if they will do the novel. It's very short.

• Premium Member

@ren-chan said in Novel pick-up requests:

idk if this has been requested but

(The Witch's House LN)

Yen Press has the manga, but I dont know if they will do the novel. It's very short.

I think they'll be a bit hesitant to take on another novelization of a video game based on the performance of similar titles they've taken on. =[

Edit: Ah, I see this is a prequel, not a novelization. I'm personally all for that. There's a few other game prequels I want (Danganronpa Zero; Schwartzesmarken prequel).

This popped up on my feed on social media:

alt text

[Synopsis]
    When I was a junior high school student I became withdrawn because of my weakness, Shonji Sakaki, a boy who had only friends in the game. One day he was known as a famous lucky player, but recently he got out of game dependence, gradually improved his physical condition aiming for "ordinary high school life". But one day, someone sees the past videos sealed as a black history. Himeka Fujishiro. Shuji's classmate, Bunmata honcho's honor student. However, she is tired of the harsh parent's educational policy and "expectations from school and classmates" and is looking for something quite different, "to be hooked" -? A girl who wants to "defeat game" and a girl who started to find "things you want to do" in the game is a young comedy!

There's a lot of these "Gamer x Real World" stories or "I'm a woman, Youre a dude, Teach me to be an Otaku" type stories out there. I don't know if any besides "Gamers!" are worth throwing much weight behind.

• Still don't know if any of my recommendations are being considered to be picked-up or not, so I'm just putting titles out there of series I've read and like from fan-translations or versions of the manga from time to time.

Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

alt text

Synopsis

Mukouda Tsuyoshi was summoned from modern Japan to a different world of sword and magic. He thought of what kind of a huge adventure was waiting for him, but actually, Mukouda is just a civilian who got caught in a "Hero Summoning" by accident!! And that Mukouda's base status is very shabby compared to the legitimate heroes...
    The only thing that he could rely on in this world is his unique skill "Net Supermarket," which enables him to order goods from modern Japan, and prepare them for various personas attracted by a different world's food...

• Premium Member

@terrence While I would love to see Gamers!, it's a Kadokawa title.

• Premium Member

Risou no Himo Seikatsu, or Ideal sponger life.

Description: Summoned by a beautiful woman to a different world, Yamai Zenjirou is asked to marry her and make a child with her. Will he throw his life on earth away for a sponger life with a beautiful woman?

It's a nice fantasy slice of life series that also has solid world building. Currently has 10 volumes, and is still ongoing.

• Requesting Shingan no Yuusha today. There's an ongoing manga adaptation of the series, but it's pretty rushed considering some important shit is clearly happening that isn't shown at all. Otherwise, the cool draw of the series is that the protagonist uses logs as his weapons. In a world with various Gods recruiting Heroes, the protagonist is thrown away after being summoned only to end up gaining the favor of another God that picks him as her hero and gives him God's Sight which lets him examine items and people as well as see events in the future. It's a pretty cool action series so far with some silly comedy as he whacks the hell out of enemies with his log. Currently 7 volumes out in Japan at the moment.
    Shingan no Yuusha Volume 1 Cover

• Premium Member

@drone205 I actually read the manga version and I thought this was pretty good

• Premium Member

This site is lacking in Green Haired lead gals. So I nominate this by Hobby Japan:

魔王学校に俺だけ勇者!?
    Only I am a brave man to the Devil 's School! What?

alt text

• I believe I once read a synopsis about an isekai (as usual) where the guy got reborn as the demon lord and built his demon lord's castle to wait for the heroes to show up. After hundreds of years of no one coming up to him he realizes that the humans are so fucking weak he'll never get to fight the hero. So he decides to disguise as a human and raise a hero party to challenge him. I remember thinking that premise was quite good... Though it could work just as well as a regular fantasy instead of an isekai but still, it sounded fun. I wish I could remember what was the title. I'd certainly like to read it.

• Premium Member

@paulnamida Isekai or not, that does sound interesting.

• I don't really know about this licensing buisness, but it seems Kadokawa's title is hard to get. I was really hoping Gamers to get licenced but i guess it's not easy.

I'd be happy if this gets licensed.
    Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun

Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun

• Premium Member

@neo-leo said in Novel pick-up requests:

Jaku-chara Tomozaki-kun

I'm rooting for this one to get picked up too. =]

• Premium Member

@legitpancake said in Novel pick-up requests:

@cleveravi I’m surprised it’s just a single volume that came out less than a year ago, and it’s already getting a 12 episode anime. They must be adding a bunch of anime original material or something.

While the first volume of the Märchen Mädchen manga has only just come out (and is visually disappointing), the LN is already at 3 volumes.

• Have you guys thought about adding tragedy?

Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari
    alt text

Or

Alderamin on the Sky

alt text

• Premium Member

@glisterasia said in Novel pick-up requests:

Have you guys thought about adding tragedy?

I'm hoping for 86 (from some pub, not necessarily JNC). I hear that one is good and a bit tragic. But I'll take either of those you posted. =]

@glisterasia said in Novel pick-up requests:

Mismarca Koukoku Monogatari
    alt text

I picked up this series by the same author. I'll check it out at some point.

alt text

• @terrence 86 would be a nice pick up, and it's only started recently so we'd be up to date in no time. Also Mismarca, I keep hearing good stuff about this series but there's no translation around.

• Premium Member

@glisterasia I would be interested in Alderamin as well. I thought the anime was pretty decent - at least decent enough to make me interested in the source material.

• Premium Member

My wishlist or sorts:

Alderamin of the Sky - seconded, watched the anime and it was interesting enough to make me want to read the original.

Also, are novels by Koroku Inumura generally good?
    I read fan translation of his The Princess and the Pilot (とある飛空士への追憶 To Aru Hikūshi e no Tsuioku and I thought it was quite good. I know that he wrote quite a few other LNs set in the same universe.