GJ-bu (GJ Club)

• Premium Member

GJ-bu (GJ Club)

Name: GJ-bu (GJ Club)
    alt text
    LNDB

Publisher: - Gagaga Bunko (Shogakukan)

Volume: 10 Volume Complete March 18, 2010 - March 19, 2013 (10 volumes)

Author: Shin Araki

Illustrators: Aruya

Synopsis: Shinomiya Kyouya is forced to become a new member of the GJ, an unidentified club that dwells in a room of the former building of a certain school. Here he meets the club leader, Mao, a short girl with a big attitude; Mao's younger sister, Megumi, who has the heart of a bipolar angel; the recognized genius with a lack of common sense, Shion; and the always-hungry and mysterious Kirara. Time flies with these unique girls around.

Reason: This one is more like slice of life, if you watch anime K-On, Yuru Yuri, D-Frag! and others it would be similar and relaxing. I also want to know what happen after the anime ends.

• Premium Member

Slooooooooow Doooooown buddy. I cant catch up at the rate you are suggesting.

• Premium Member

I like GJ-bu as something like Seitokai no Ichizon-lite.

• Premium Member

I liked the anime, and the LN is complete too which is another bonus.

• Premium Member

Spotlight time! A friendly bump to an older post that hasn't had any recent conversation and is lower on votes in order to draw attention to it.

• Premium Member

I have no idea whether I'd enjoy it in book form, but the anime was a lot of fun to watch,

• Premium Member

I've been trying to find a legitimate copy of the anime and OVAs to buy. Only thing I've found is over-the-air recordings subtitled in Chinese, Malay, and (almost) English through questionable sources.

Having the novels would be nice...

• Premium Member

I have read the novel (well, not in English), it's the type of novel you can read almost anytime, and each story is short (3-4 pages in bunko form), so it's definitely an easy read.

• Premium Member

@someoldguy
    don't know about where you are, but in USA it's streaming on crunchyroll

• Premium Member

@jon-mitchell I'm not much into streaming - prefer owning and having it on MY server, which works even when there is a problem with internet.

The fact that it's being streamed is probably why I can't buy a legitimate copy; several things I've been trying to buy are locked up by Netflix and other streaming services until their exclusives run out.

• I remember watching this on Crunchyroll awhile back before I knew anything about light-novels.

Remembering GJ Club, it reminds me of why I like the slice-of-life genre as a slow, relaxing, and fun experience compared to other genres I consume when I just want to watch some clubroom shenanigans.

Since I watched this and would like to have seen more, I’m always interested in reading the original manga/light-novels.