Question

Hello there. I dont know if this should be asked here or somewhere else but anyways. I happen to have some physical editions of jnc (seven seas) light novels, I was wondering if I could also be able to read the digital books in the app?
    Sometimes I Just cant bring books for wathever reasons but can still have my Phone. By the way I Just got a membership.

The app only gives you access to unexpired prepubs, and buying the paperback does not give you access to an ebook. Read this thread to see when volumes expire (usually about 1-2 months after the ebook is published): https://forums.j-novel.club/topic/534/expiring-volumes
    Also, go to J-Novel's front page and there's a section that tells you what titles are on catch-up, where all prepubs are available for members.
    With your membership, however, you can buy premium ebooks with credits, which you can purchase on your account page. You will then be able to download the DRM-free ebooks and import them to most apps on your phone.

• Premium Member

Unfortunately I haven't really seen any publisher get into the dual-sale digital+physical. I wish they would, because I love reading digitally, but I'm a bit of a collector and like having physical books.

Thanks for the answers. I know that the app gives you access only to the latest realeses or the catch ups. My question was for access to the ebooks (answered too). It would be nice if we could buy both, Im mostly a paper reader but Sometimes you cant bring books everywhere.

• Premium Member

Maybe the solution is to buy an e-reader. I can read books on my phone and on my Kindle (using Calibre) and it means I can get the premium versions of books too.

• Premium Member

I seem to recall Baen books doing a electronic version bundled with print hardcovers of some of their stuff

I think that for a while Amazon has a deal where you got a discount on a kindle version on a new release if you purchased the hard copy. But I don’t recall the details of the promotion

• Premium Member

Pretty sure it has been answered on CuriousCat. It has something to do with the licencing and the way royalties are worked out or something. I can't quite remember correctly, but I know it has been asked, but I'm not going through the almost 3000 questions to find it lol.