Currently Reading

• Premium Member

Re: What are you reading for Manga?

Since the forums engine encouraged me with a pop-up to create a new topic instead of using the old one, I matched the title with the topic for light novels, created by @the-green-death

So... currently I am reading

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom
    I am in love for the classic art style this manga offers. Plus: it sticks so close to the light novel <3

Delicious in Dungeon
    The plot started very interesting and I stuck to it for the great art

Final Fantasy Lost Stranger
    Same as with Delicious in Dungeon. Also, I am a Final Fantasy fan.

Bloom Into You
    One of the better and smarter yuri stories after I dived into Morinaga's work

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
    So cute, that it feels like you could get diabetes for eyes just by seeing the art.

Wotakoi
    Slice of (real) life

• This post is deleted!

• Premium Member

@caramelwithoutthesalt I own all of the TLR/TLRD Japanese books, recently got the last of the TLR English omnibus edition, and v14 of TLRD will arrive in the next week or two. And several of the art books. Plus the TV series in DVD and BD, and if they ever do a dub of it, I'll probably buy that, too.

No, I'm not obsessed.

Too many different manga to list, though.

• Premium Member

@someoldguy said in Currently Reading:

No, I'm not obsessed.

Whenever a behaviour looks like that - let us call it "passionate" while we are here. Nothing is wrong with a fan/enthusiast being passionate with their hobby ~

• Premium Member

@serah A few years ago, I spoke with a woman from Viz Media at a convention in Chicago. She commented that I should just about ready to get involved in cosplay...

"No, I may be an otaku, but I'm not that far along."

"If you're already importing stuff directly from Japan, you are."

I keep a web page so that I can remember what I've already bought, to avoid things like ordering 2 copies of Wolf & Parchment V4 (it didn't help). It has 139 entries for manga. Looking it over, there are a bunch of them that fit the "liked it a lot", like TLR, Dragonar Academy, Ani-Imo, Hentai Prince, Ai Yori Aoshi, the Kuroneko arc of Oreimo, Sumomomo Momomo, So, I Can't Play H!, Nisekoi (even though parts of it were irritating to wade through).

I got about half way through Ranma 1/2 so far, but stalled out on it.

The ones I currently read as soon as the new volumes arrive:

We Never Learn
    Shomin Sample
    Pandora in the Crimson Shell
    Toradora!
    Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs

Ones I'd really like to see in English, which I've been buying in Japanese include

Tonikaku Kawaii トニカクカワイイ
    Henjyo - Hen na Jyoshi Kousei Amaguri Senko
    Onii-chan is Done For お兄ちゃんはおしまい
    Okusama ga Seito Kaichou

So I like romcom more than mecha...