The Case Files of Lord El Melloi II

• alt text

The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II (Japanese: ロード・エルメロイⅡ世の事件簿, Hepburn: Rōdo Erumeroi Nisei no Jikenbo) is a Japanese light novel series written by Makoto Sanda (Rental Magica) and illustrated by Mineji Sakamoto. Officially part of the Fate series, it began serialization by Type-Moon under the Type-Moon Books imprint on December 30, 2014 to May 17, 2019. The novels are set between the events of Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night, focusing on Lord El-Melloi II, a former master who now investigates several mysteries after his participation in the Fourth Holy Grail War.

Taking place 10 years after the events of Fourth Holy Grail War and 2 months before the events of Fate/stay night, the story focuses on Lord El-Melloi II, formerly known as Waver Velvet, a successor of Kayneth and former master in the last Grail War, who is now a professor under the ranks of the Mage's Association. In his years as a professor in the Clock Tower, he is acting as the temporary head of the El-Melloi household until a proper successor can take over. But when strange mysteries involving magic start happening around London, he teams up with a mysterious person and apprentice named Gray in solving many mysteries and cases involving magecraft and hidden conspiracies driving the Mages' Association.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_Files_of_Lord_El-Melloi_II

Thoughts:
    I think that you can never have too much of the Fate series, This is not as great as the other Fate franchise but i think it was would be worth it to read is if you're a Fate fan. And Waver Velvet, IMO, is a great character.

• Got to disagree on your last statement. This is one of the best entries in the Fate franchise IMO.

I would support anything from Type-Moon. Upvoted.