The Encounter of Marielle Clarac (web novel)

As some may know, JNC's series the Tales of Marielle Clarac was originally a web novel at Syosetu. Only the first arc of the first book is still available there, while the rest are side stories.

One side story is as long as a volume, though. The title is The Encounter of Marielle Clarac (マリエル・クララックの邂逅), is a prequel about how Marielle became a novelist and mostly told from the POV of her editor, Paul Satie.

I couldn't find the exact post but IIRC the author, Haruka Momo, wrote how it probably won't get published because the main character is a different person, and even though both Marielle and Simeon appear, they didn't meet even once (lol). Characters from the main story that appear are: Marielle, Simeon, Paul himself, Natalie, Poisson, Julienne, and the Flaubert family minus Adrien. I found it enjoyable even though I MTLed it, but MTL is really good these days, I think I understood more than 70% without an issue.

Would anyone be interested if I post summaries here, and is it allowed in the forum?

edit:
    Links to chapter summaries - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

• Staff

@nofairytale said in The Encounter of Marielle Clarac (web novel):

Would anyone be interested if I post summaries here, and is it allowed in the forum?

If you are summarizing your thoughts on the WN I do not see anything wrong with that.

@Rahul-Balaggan said in The Encounter of Marielle Clarac (web novel):

If you are summarizing your thoughts on the WN I do not see anything wrong with that.

What about summarizing the chapters itself?

There doesn't seem to be an expression of interest, but since I got permission and already wrote it anyway, I present you the chapter summaries of

The Encounter of Marielle Clarac

CHAPTER 1 (original)