State of Jnovel clubs series in Japan
I was watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtKYI112ywc&t=500s and all it was just going over what light novels are being released in August, however he also mentioned that its been a while since some of the series hosted here have released volumes, specifically its been about a year since My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World and Paying to Win in a VRMMO have had any installments released. Does anyone know if these series were cancelled or did they just finish their story.
Cynigami last edited by
My Big Sister lives in a fantasy world is completed. Don't know about the other one.
Thanks, that was honestly the one I cared about, hope everything properly resolved in what have left. I was just worried because some series just stop releasing books like Haruhi or Clockwork Planet and I had no idea if that was the case here.
the green death last edited by
I heard the writer has serious illness and had a hard time keeping up with just NGNL but is healing and plans to return to Clockwork Planet. Not sure if that's accurate or not or where I heard it, but maybe...
This is always the risk with manga/LN series.
Black Bullet also hasn't had a release in 2-3 years I believe.
lazyproblems last edited by lazyproblems
I feel like I read that My Big Sister wrapped up the overarching plot, but they left it in a place where they could still continue if they wanted. Not 100% sure on that, although whatever the case, the author seems more focussed on his new series currently.
I've read the same rumor as @the-green-death regarding Clockwork Planet.
Some places list Little Apocalypse as finished, although I think when J-Novel was starting Sam or someone said it was still ongoing.
Demon King Daimaou, Brave Chronicle, SisKan, and BlueSteel Blasphemer are all finished.
Most of the rest are currently ongoing as far as I'm aware. Not sure about VRMMO, but the last novel came out in 2015, so I would guess it's either finished or discontinued/cancelled.
@lazyproblems Paying to Win in a VRMMO is finished at 6 volumes as well in Japan.
The ongoing series we have are...
- Clockwork Planet - It has been more than a year since the last volume release however it has not been listed as cancelled and I believe it's just the author's schedule.
- Infinite Dendrogram - Currently being rapidly published in Japan, original webnovel has material for like 12 books or something.
- If It's For My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord - Webnovel is finished and is now posting afterstories, there's still 2-3 volumes left to be published of the LN in Japan, anticipate 7-8 total volumes.
- Invaders of the Rokujouma!? - Ongoing, publishing new books at a rate of 2 per year these days? However rumor is it's heading into its final arc and only has a few volumes left. Maybe 30 volumes total?
- Arifureta - Webnovel is finished and currently posting afterstories. LN release has 3-4 more volumes to go, so 8-9 volumes total.
- In Another World With My Smartphone - Ongoing. LN and webnovel aren't so far apart, so release pace might slow a bit in Japan.
- How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Ongoing, LN is being pretty rapidly published, webnovel has lots of material left and is ongoing.
- The Faraway Paladin - Ongoing Webnovel has about 1-2 volumes of material ahead, but LN release will catch up shortly to it. After that publishing pace should slow down.
- Mixed Bathing - LN has basically caught up to webnovel, which is ongoing but being written at about a 1 volume a year pace. Volume 5 coming up in a few days in Japan will be basically caught up to it. Don't expect volume 6 for another 8-12 months.
- Grimgar - Ongoing in Japan at a steady publishing pace of 2-3 ish volumes a year.
- Occultic Nine - Ongoing but sporadic. Volume 3 was announced for "Summer 2017" but... no sign of a listing yet. I believe it will end up being 4 volumes total eventually.
Series that are concluded in Japan:
- Brave Chronicle (1 shot)
- My Little Sister Can Read Kanji (5 Volumes)
- My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World (7 Volumes)
- I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse (16 Volumes)
- Paying to Win in a VRMMO (6 Volumes)
- Bluesteel Blasphemer (4 Volumes)
- Demon King Daimaou (13 Volumes)
@sam-pinansky oh no, we're gonna need more LNs, before we reach the last volume of LNs or I will run out of LNs to read. Pls.
ImIlyaz last edited by
@sam-pinansky aww it's really sad to see that bluesteel only has 4 volumes total :/
NeoAnkara last edited by
Currently Rokujouma is already finished it's last major character arc. Now all that left is solving major mystery of the series. I think it will be finished in under 5 volume including side story volume.
Dang. I had noticed Neechu hadn't released a new volume recently, but I was hoping the author was just focused on other things at the moment. Only two more volumes to go.
About Smartphone. According to people following the WN, unless something major suddenly happens, it looks like they're starting to wrap things up and going into an epilogue.
Hmm so my Big sister is rather short novel is something surprising to me since how each part is written I was thinking that it was planned to have at least dozen volumes, as for other novels i read means Paying to win it doesn't surprise me at all since i do not feel like it could have much more material to write.
As for Mixed Bathing I'm surprise that WN didn't was longer before getting published.
I believe the first series to be completed by J-novel (besides one volume long brave chronicle) will either bluesteel Blasphemer or My Little sister can read kanji. I also feel it would be great idea to celebrate it on j-novel by either announce new license or maybe something else (like some promotional action).