App - Night Mode

Black background, gray-white font: in other words, please add the option for a night mode experience while reading. As it stands now, the in-app reader can double as a flash light at night.

If you would like to go a step further, please consider adding the same night mode experience to the GUI.

Besides making reading at night a more pleasant experience, LED based screens will benefit from decreased power consumption if such a mode is implemented. Less power consumptions = more reading on the go. LCD screens will not benefit from the decrease in power consumption, but again main focus would be in getting rid of the flashlight while reading at night.

Cheers

• Night mode also makes things a lot more pleasant for people such as myself that suffer from migraines and light sensitivity in general. When I read on the site, for example, I use a Chrome plugin called Dark Reader.

• Premium Member

I use night mode on Moonreader and can heartily endorse this request.

@gonki said in App - Night Mode:

Night mode also makes things a lot more pleasant for people such as myself that suffer from migraines and light sensitivity in general. When I read on the site, for example, I use a Chrome plugin called Dark Reader.

Hadn't thought about it from a medical perspective... Good point!

• Premium Member

Definitely want night mode, only way I use other ereaders

I also would love a dark mode. It is easier on my eyes, and one advantage not everyone realizes is that on phones with AMOLED screens darker colors save battery (so mostly Samsung phones). Personally I just work nights in a dark office, so it is much easier on my eyes.

• Premium Member

For the iPhone at least, I've found that inverting my colors using the accessibility shortcut works well for night mode. At least until that feature is available, perhaps others could see if it works on Android?

• Premium Member

@carolinefelicity If you have IOS theres actually a way for you to open the ebook on iBooks and turn on nightmode without inverting colours. Click on the "AA" sign and turn on "night mode"

• Premium Member

@phobes Yes, I use that. I was referring to the j-novel app which doesn't support changing colors

Looks like your connection to J-Novel Club Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.