Talkback Android Hints / Settings?

• Premium Member

Anyone got any good hints for Talkback? Just started using it to read the site's books on Android after I noticed it has a continuous play option by shaking.

It isn't my ideal solution for listening to the books from the site on my phone because:

A) There's no easy button press to start stop, just the shaking motion for continuous use.

B ) If you alter the media volume, turn off the screen, or do anything else to alter the screen, the talking stops. So it won't be great for putting in my pocket to listen to while walking.

C) It announces dumb things, like, again, the volume control and other menu related functions. I can live with that, but not ideal.

Ideally, I'd like a TTS menu option / button that will just read the page continuously (and it'd be great if it'd continue reading with the screen turned off, though that's probably more of a challenge; maybe some lock screen button so you can't accidentally bump off the window).

• All this stuff is complicated for me so I just read the damn parts/volumes XD , also my new Store Director doesn't allow headphones anymore :( .

• Premium Member

@hyferzftw said in Talkback Android Hints / Settings?:

All this stuff is complicated for me so I just read the damn parts/volumes XD , also my new Store Director doesn't allow headphones anymore :( .

Noooo!

... I only listen in bed / working out.

Google Play's Text to Speech is really easy to use and so is E-Reader Prestigio's for the DRM Free Premium Epubs. Outside of that, it's a crapshoot on Android.

On PC, there's a few solutions, but they all have their quirks, glitches, or annoying popups.

Looks like your connection to J-Novel Club Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.