Re:Monster

• Titles: Re:Monster -Shisatsu Kara Hajimaru Kaibutsu Tensei-ki-
    Re: Monster~Monster reincarnation chronicle starting after being stabbed to death~
    alt text

Author: Kanekiru Kogitsune
    Volumes: 9 (Ongoing)
    Manga: 3 Volumes (Ongoing) [English publisher: Seven Seas]

Synopsis:
    Tomokui Kanata has been reincarnated into the weakest race, goblin, and given a new name, Rou, after having undergone an unfortunate death. However goblin Rou has retained his previous life’s memories, an unusual evolution, as well as being blessed with ability to gain status boosts from eating.

In this alternate world of survival of the fittest, will the goblin party end up becoming the heroes of this world?

My thoughts:
    I found the Manga recently and I was hooked. It's interesting as the MC is reborn as a Goblin and it goes from there. He builds a kind of community and there is even pregnancy in later days.
    Now I want to read the LN~

• Premium Member

Spotlight time! Long story short, I'm trying to bring attention to license request posts that are older, haven't had any recent conversation, and are lower on votes.

If you have read this particular series or even if you haven't but want to see it licensed, make your pitch.

• Manga adaptation of the original work is rather entertaining and unique, once I started reading, I found myself having difficulty putting it down. After 40 odd chapters the story is finally done with "goblin society building" part. Now it is moving onto, what at least seems to be, the main story. However, WB translation lagging behind and is basically unreadable, because its rather painful to read, I cant say much about it.

On a personal level I enjoy the story and characters, even if they are somewhat simplistic, but by no means I would say that Re: Monster is my first pick for licensing.

• Premium Member

There were two WN fan translations going on, if memory serves. I think the one I liked more ended up lagging behind (not sure if they dropped it or not. I know they were considering dropping it) because of the other one rushing through for a while.

Would be nice to see a proper translation of this.

• Premium Member

To clarify, he didn't get the ability to boost his status by eating things when he was reincarnated. He always had that ability, even on his original world (which wasn't Earth, but some sort of scifi/magic future world).