Migawari Hakushaku series (comparison with Second Path)
- 身代わり伯爵の冒険 (アルテマリス編 １)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚 (アルテマリス編 ２)
- 身代わり伯爵の挑戦 (アルテマリス編 ３)
- 身代わり伯爵の決闘 (アルテマリス編 ４)
- 身代わり伯爵の脱走 (シアラン編１)
- 身代わり伯爵の潜入 (シアラン編２)
- 身代わり伯爵の求婚 (シアラン編３)
- Side stories volume 1: 身代わり伯爵と伝説の勇者 (短編集１)
- 身代わり伯爵の失恋 (シアラン編４)
- 身代わり伯爵の告白 (シアラン編５)
- 身代わり伯爵の誓約 (シアラン編６)
- 身代わり伯爵の花嫁修業 I 消えた結婚契約書 (花嫁修業編１)
- 身代わり伯爵の花嫁修業 II 嵐を呼ぶ花嫁合宿 (花嫁修業編２)
- 身代わり伯爵の花嫁修業 III 禁断の恋の手記 (花嫁修業編３)
- Side stories volume 2: 身代わり伯爵と白薔薇の王子様 (短編集２)
- 身代わり伯爵の婚前旅行 I すれ違いの蜜月 (婚前旅行編１)
- 身代わり伯爵の婚前旅行 II 狙われた花嫁 (婚前旅行編２)
- 身代わり伯爵の婚前旅行 III ひみつの誕生日大作戦 (婚前旅行編３)
- 身代わり伯爵の婚前旅行 IV 絡み合う恋の糸 (婚前旅行編４)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 I 麗しの乙女の花園 (結婚行進曲編１)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 II 決意と別れの夜 (結婚行進曲編２)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 III 再会と宣戦布告 (結婚行進曲編３)
- Side stories volume 3: 身代わり伯爵といばら姫の憂鬱 (短編集３)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 IV 裏切りと婚約解消 (結婚行進曲編４)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 V 光と歩む終幕(上) (結婚行進曲編５)
- 身代わり伯爵の結婚行進曲 VI 光と歩む終幕(下) (結婚行進曲編６)
- Side stories/epilogue stories volume 4: 身代わり伯爵と終幕の続き (短編集４)
Author: Mimori Seike
Illustrator: Kyouko Negishi
Publisher: Kadokawa Beans Bunko (Kadokawa Shoten)
Volumes: 23 volumes (completed) and 4 side story volumes
Other media: manga
Why I'm suggested it: I read the scanlated manga and really enjoyed the story, and it's extremely similar to Walking My Second Path (which I also really love and I'm disappointed it hasn't been updated by the author recently). This story seems very similar to Second Path, with a cross-dressing heroine and a rather farcical comedy romance story. In this book, the heroine is a commoner cross-dressing as a nobleman, but like Second Path it has a cast of humorous secondary characters and a strong romance thread. I like that the story doesn't seem to take itself seriously. It does have a lot of volumes, but there are distinct arcs that are clearly indicated in the novel titles, so if the series doesn't sell well you could probably cut it off at the end of an arc.
Shinberoy last edited by
I really liked the manga so, yes would love to see this translated :)
The manga was pretty nice, I would love to read the novel too!
It sounds really interesting, I would like to read it!
The manga was really good and funny too. Would love to read the novel!
Sounds very interesting, I'd like to read it, too
Picked up the manga because I read a comment saying it has similar vibes as Marielle Clarac, which I like. Well, that's not wrong. It has similar "comedy where genki girl gets roped into court intrigue & international politics / ML is serious knight which you should fear when he smiles" building blocks.
The manga's first arc is great, but afterwards it feels like cramming too many things into a short space, and the ending feels inconclusive, such that I suspected the manga got cancelled and was adapted from a novel --- and I was right.
Anyway, would be interested if the novel got licensed because the story is fun and with the right amount of court intrigue for my tastes. Would love more exposition on the side characters (like the paranornal princess & the cat-loving vice captain) and a conclusion of the main romance.