Rakuen Tsuihou -Expelled from Paradise- novels

• Premium Member

Links: LNDB | NU(movie novel) | MAL(prequel) | MAL(sequel)

Books:

• Rakuen Tsuihou -Expelled from Paradise- (movie novelization 2014)
    • Rakuen Tsuihou -Expelled from Paradise- mission.0 (prequel 2014)
    • Rakuen Tsuihou 2.0: Rakuen Zankyou -Godspeed You- (sequel 2016)

Publishers: Hayakawa | Shogakukan
    Authors:
    --Masayoshi Yasugi (movie novelization)
    --Shoutarou Teshirogi (prequel novel)
    --Renji Ooki (sequel novel)
    Illustrator: Masatsugu Saitou

Descriptions

Novelization:

Prequel:

Sequel (spoiler for the movie inside):

Why?
    I learned only recently that there was a prequel and a sequel novel. Really liked the movie. With how uplifting it was, I almost forgot it was written by Gen Urobuchi. I'd love to read what happens before/during/after in book form.

I know these books, much like the Gargantia novels, probably won't see the light of day in the English market anytime soon... But I still hope to be able to read them one day.

• Premium Member

Spotlight time! A friendly bump to an older post that hasn't had any recent conversation and is lower on votes in order to draw attention to it.

• Premium Member

This and Gargantia novels I would love to have so we can continue the stories.

Since Expelled from Paradise is Hayakawa, and JNC has established a relationship there, I have a slim hope for this.

• Premium Member

@terrence TBH what I'm really interested in is the prequel novel. I never would've imagined that the beach scene in the beginning of the movie had a backstory to it. Angela's rookie days with Senpai sounded like a good story to read.

It's just too bad that particular book had to be published by Shogakukan for whatever reason...

• Premium Member

Though I would love to read this, I'm not sure I could see J novel club licensing this since they don't seem that interested in licensing spin offs.

• Premium Member

@eternal-wanderer said in Rakuen Tsuihou -Expelled from Paradise- novels:

Though I would love to read this, I'm not sure I could see J novel club licensing this since they don't seem that interested in licensing spin offs.

Iirc, Sam was interested in acquiring Full Metal Panic Fomuffu (or whatever it's called) if the main FMP does well (as well as the sequel novel series). So I don't think they're completely opposed to spin-offs (unless I missed a Curiosity Cat response on that).

• @terrence But those are related to a series already being translated by JNC. This novel would be a spin-off of an anime movie.

• Premium Member

I figure if they license the movie novel adaptation first, then the second novel would feel like a sequel to the novel just as much as the movie for novel only people?

But maybe they're scared of licensing adaptations though after Ao Oni and Yume Nikki's performances (tbf, I'm not a huge fan of adaptations instead of the original if the original is available in English officially). =(

• Premium Member

To be fair, those two are relatively unknown series whereas Expelled From Paradise, IIRC, had a bit of advertising when it was released a few years ago, has mecha and more importantly, fanservice.