Premium E-Book Bonus Contents List!

• Translators

Here's a list of the Premium Content Bonuses in all our Premium E-Books that we've released and will be releasing!
    If it's not listed here then it's TBD!

Brave Chronicle: The Ruinmaker:

• 2 Mini Stories (originally store exclusive bonus)
    • 5 Character design pages (originally store exclusive bonus)

Occultic;Nine

• Volume 1 - Exclusive interview with the Master of the real Cafe Blue Moon, including photo essay (produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 2 - Exclusive photo essay on Harmonica Alley and other locations in Kichijouji (produced by J-Novel Club)

My Big Sister Lives in a Fantasy World

• All Volumes - Translator's Notes about all the references that Mutsuko makes to classic anime and manga

My Little Sister Can Read Kanji

• All Volumes - Translator's Over-Analysis - Where I talk about over-arching themes, translation challenges, and generally pretend like this book deserves serious literary analysis.
    • Volume 1 - Bonus illustration of a little girl showing her panties (originally exclusive for the Korean edition)

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

• All Volumes 1-4 - Bonus Color Illustrations (1-3 per volume)
      Volume 4: Bonus short story and illustration.
      Volume 5: Bonus short stories.

I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse

• All Volumes - Glossary of Names/Places/Items

The Faraway Paladin

• Volume 1 - Interview with the author (produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 2 - Interview with the author - Reader Questions Answered! (produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 3 Primus - In Store Exclusive Short Stories from volumes 1-2
    • Volume 3 Secondus - In Store Exclusive Short Stories from volume 3 (special for people who bought both halves at the same time)

Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension

• Volume 1 - Bonus Illustrations (Color and B&W, including author's signature)
    • Volume 2 - Bonus Illustration (Color Pinup)
    • Volume 3 - Bonus Illustration (Color pillow cover, color pinup)
    • Volume 4 - Bonus Illustration (Color pillow cover, color pinup)

Paying to Win in a VRMMO

• Volume 1 - Interview with the author (produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 2 - Massive Glossary of Game Terms, "Guide to NaroFan"(produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 3 - Massive Glossary of Characters, (produced by J-Novel Club)
    • Volume 4 - Massive Glossary of Game Terms, "Guide to NaroFan Part 2"(produced by J-Novel Club)

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom

• All Volumes - Numerous mini stories originally produced for in store exclusives.
    • Volume 2 - Color Pinup!

In Another World With My Smartphone

• Volume 1 - Mini story originally produced for in store exclusive.
    • Volume 2 - Mini stories originally produced for in store exclusive.
    • Volume 3 - Mini stories originally produced for in store exclusive.

Bluesteel Blasphemer

• Volume 1 - Translator's notes on the worldbuilding
    • Volume 2 - Translator's notes AND 4 store exclusive shorts stories (from vol 1 and 2)
    • Volume 3 - Preliminary Character Sketches and Bios from Volumes 1-3.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

• Volume 1 - Alternative Cover, Pinup, 5 store exclusive short stories
    • Volume 2 - Bonus illustration, 6 store exclusive short stories
    • Volume 3 - Bonus illustrations, 6 store exclusive short stories

If It's For My Daughter...

• Volume 1 - In store exclusive short story! (very rare!)
    • Volume 2 - 4 Exclusive short stories

Invaders of the Rokujouma!?

• Volumes 1-7 - Textless Color Illustrations

Infinite Dendrogram

• Volume 1 - In store exclusive short stories
    • Volume 2 - In store exclusive short stories
    • Volume 3 - In store exclusive short stories

Clockwork Planet

• Volume 1 - Textless Illustrations

Demon King Daimaou

• Volume 1 - Textless Illustrations
    • Volume 2 - Textless Illustrations

• When Occultic;Nine and Grimgar get physical releases, will those versions include the Premium stuff?

• Awesome, there's a consolidated list now. set thread to watching

• Premium Member

Really nice. I have been thinking for a while that we needed a way to know the bonus content of the premium E-books.
    Was even thinking, in making a suggestion for that. So this came in a great time :smile:

• Translators

• The bonuses for Realist Hero sound really great! By 'in store exclusive' does this refer to titles directly bought here only or other platforms (Kindle, iBooks, nook, etc) too?

• Premium Member

@Student-no.0 I think it means that originally in Japan these extras were exclusive to certain retailers.

Of course, we only get them from the Premium Editions offered by J-Novel Club.

• It doesn't really make sense for the physical editions to have those bonus contents unless they were directly released by JNovel. Since wouldn't that mean even ebook release on Amazon would have them too? Just my thoughts on it. Of course if it does have it that would be cool too.

• Translators

@Terrence That's right.

They're things like exclusives that were packed in if you bought the book from animate or gamers or one of the other major otaku retailers.
    Sometimes they came on a special little book or a special dust jacket, things like that. The bonus illustrations were usually printed on a postcard, etc.

Very similar to the kinds of things you'd see for special editions of DVDs/Blurays. There would be a limited amount made and if you wanted them all you'd have to buy like 5 copies, one from each store.

• Premium Member

@Sam-Pinansky Similar to "Exclusive in Store DLC with your pre-order" from video game retailers too. Those dang exclusive horse armor costumes, I need them all. :horse: :shield:

• @Sam-Pinansky said in Premium E-Book Bonus Contents List!:

@Terrence There would be a limited amount made and if you wanted them all you'd have to buy like 5 copies, one from each store.

Looks over at my 5 copies of volume 4 of Arifureta.

I regret nothing.

• @Terrence @Sam-Pinansky That's seriously awesome. Thanks a bunch! :)

• Please make Arifuerta bonus illustrations! Could really use some good fan service ones for this one... Because the artist does "those" kind of works anyway! And his art is really good :D

• Anything special for I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse volume 2 not listed?

• Translators

@Aruseus493 Nope, just a hand-made glossary.

If you look at sort of which books get which kind of stuff, the older the book the less likely there will be anything, and Little Apocalypse is from 2011...

Heck we don't even have the full cover data (just the illustration and we recreated the background and logo).

• What is Arifureta's bonus content?

• @Bryan If I remember correctly, there's a special illustration of Yue in volume 1. Don't remember when they started including short stories. Either from volume 2 or 3 is my bet.

• Translators

@Aruseus493 Yes, we have the Yue "alternate cover" version.

• Premium Member

@Sam-Pinansky Curious about Bluesteel bonus content.

• This post could use some updating. Otherwise, what's the bonus for BlueSteel Blasphemer volume 1?

Looks like your connection to J-Novel Club Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.