Fate/Zero

• Premium Member

Fate/Zero
    Publisher: Seikaisha Bunko
    Novel: Complete at 4 volumes
    Manga: Licensed by Dark Horse Comics
    Anime: Licensed by Aniplex

Synopsis
    Fate/Zero is set ten years before the events of Fate/stay night, and tells the story of the Fourth Holy Grail War, a secret magical tournament held in Fuyuki City, Japan where seven magicians known as Masters summon Servants, reincarnations of legendary souls and heroes from all across time, where they fight in a deadly battle royale where the winner obtains the Holy Grail, a magical legendary chalice capable of granting wishes. The main protagonist, Kiritsugu Emiya, the foster father of Fate/stay night's protagonist, Shirō Emiya, is known as a merciless mage killer who joins the tournament on behalf of his wife's family, the Einzberns.

Why I Want It:
    I loved the anime and would love to read the novels it's based on. Mythical heroes duke it out at the behest of sorcerers; all in order to claim the Holy Grail and make a wish. So if you like battle royale stories with the fate of the world in the balance, then this is for you. All the characters are adults too, which is a plus-no whiny teenagers here. And you don't have to have seen Fate/stay night either in order to enjoy this prequel.

MU, LNDB, MAL

alt text
    alt text

• Premium Member

Spotlight time! A friendly bump to an older post that hasn't had any recent conversation and is lower on votes in order to draw attention to it.

I would really love for this to be licensed, though to be honest I would prefer a physical volume of it.

• @legitpancake

Yeah, this is something that I'd love to have on my shelf.

The full fan-translation is too famous, good and old for the digital release to have much sense tbh. Though you never know, priorly translated famous VNs usually sell much better than their counterparts without a fantl.