How to buy premium epubs/ebooks

• Premium Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to this website so I'm not sure how things go here, but I'm currently interested in the so called 'premium ebooks'. I'm currently registered only as a free user and I'm not interested in subscribing because of the fact that you can't read the volumes that have been published, so I thought it'd be better for me to buy the ebooks instead (I have a kindle and I prefer to read using than rather than using the jnovel club reader app which requires constant internet connections).

So, I've been reading about this premium ebooks, forgive me for my ignorance but how do I purchase them? Are they exclusive to members? I know that only premium members get 1 credit each month on the 15th, and that other members can purchase them for $7, but I can't seem to find that option. Does that mean that I have to subscribe to J novel club at the lowest paid tier to unlock that option in the first place? And how do I know if a series have a premium ebook or not, and lastly, I'm not complaining or anything but wouldn't the fact that the premium ebooks are DRM make it easy to pirate?

Sincerely,
    Aria Red.

• @ariared26

Correct onlymembers can purchase premium credit, and as of right now premium credits are the only way to obtain a premium e-book

All J-Novel books have a premium edition, if you want a (somewhat) up to date list on what books come with what premium content please consult this list also regardless of what series it is all premium e-books come with enhanced high resolution images. (The resolution compared to kindle books is actually so shocking I have issues reading many on kindle now)

If you are a regular member on J-Novel you can purchase premium credit at $6 each

If you are a premium member you get 1 credit on the 15th of each month (or shortly after) and you can purchase additional credits at a discounted rate of $6 each

As for piracy, yes the books are DRM free so you could even upload them to your kindle to read however J-Novel takes precautions against illegal uploads.

All Premium E-Books have a watermark (along with some other stuff) to let the owner know who uploaded the book. This has come up in the past and was swiftly delt with because of said watermark.

• Premium Member

Is the format of the premium ebook 'epub'? Do you know how much the quality is going to decrease if I were to convert the ebook into mobi and send it to my kindle? And considering that the premium ebooks are $7 each for members, and $6 for premium members, doesn't that mean that they are expensive as the normal ebook sold on amazon, kobo etc?

And talking about the quality again, do the mobi converted premium ebooks have the same quality as native amazon kindle books, or are they more LQ because they're converted?

Thank you.

• @ariared26

Yes they are ePub files.

if you are a regular member here you will pay $7 and that is the standard price everywhere whether it is amazon, BookWalker, or kobo, etc.

However if you are premium that is a $1 difference which after a few books will add up.

As for quality issues when taking into kobo or amazon kindle I can't actually say. I upload all the files to iBooks, and Google Play books, however I am sure after some time somone will come here and post about any quality issues when bringing into other readers.

What I can say is bringing into iBooks and google play books leave the quality to be very good.

• Premium Member

@ariared26 The only quality difference between the premium epubs and the mobi files should lie in the image quality. And in that department the premium epubs win. Thus, as long as you don't downscale the images while converting, a premium epub converted to mobi should have a higher quality than one bought on Amazon.

• Premium Member

@jaquobus Thank you for the clarification.

• Premium Member

@rahul-balaggan said in How to buy premium epubs/ebooks:

@ariared26

Yes they are ePub files.

if you are a regular member here you will pay $7 and that is the standard price everywhere whether it is amazon, BookWalker, or kobo, etc.

However if you are premium that is a $1 difference which after a few books will add up.

As for quality issues when taking into kobo or amazon kindle I can't actually say. I upload all the files to iBooks, and Google Play books, however I am sure after some time somone will come here and post about any quality issues when bringing into other readers.

What I can say is bringing into iBooks and google play books leave the quality to be very good.

I converted a couple volumes of "Realist Hero" for my kindle app using a random online service, and when I opened it, the only real thing that was "odd" was those high quality images where badly distorted.

Stretched lengthwise from top of page to bottom. Otherwise it seemed fine.

The only other issue I've been having is after deciding not to convert and using adobes digital edition app, I have trouble moving onto the next chapter. I'll go from page 192 to 184 and b stuck there. I'd have to advance using the go to function. This seemed to occurs mainly at the end of a chapter of when one of those images popped up mid chapter.

• @thomask I had the same issue but when trying to rip the DRM from regular ebooks. I am assuming that is what you tried to do as well. Use Calibre next time.

• Premium Member

It actually works pretty well with my Kindle. I used calibre and the conversion was pretty good. Just that it slows down my kindle paperwhite a bit when reading it compared to the native format. Saves me a lot of work lol cause my kindle is linked to my amazon jp account and I've got a lot of books there already. Now I can send my books directly instead of unliking and relinking it with my english one.

Looks like your connection to J-Novel Club Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.