Lord Marksman and the Vanadis

• Premium Member

Lord Marksman and the Vanadis (Madan no Ou to Senki)
    Publisher: MF Bunko J/Media Factory
    Complete at 18 volumes
    Funimation licensed the 2014 anime
    Seven Seas licensed the manga

Synopsis:
    In times of war, set in Western Europe, Eleonora Viltaria, one of the seven Vanadis of Zhcted, leads the war into Brune. There are actually seven Vanadis, named like this because they each received a powerful weapon from the dragon, to reign over seven territories, each possessing their own. The power of the Vanadis causes dread and fear toward their enemies. An Earl in the service of the country of Brune, a young archer called Tigre, got a taste of it after he was defeated on the battlefield by Ellen (Eleonora). However, Ellen decided to spare his life after seeing his skills. In exchange, he is asked to serve her.

LNDB, MU, MAL, NU

I want this series to be licensed because I need more of these military/war/strategy/political light novels, including Alderamin on the Sky and 86, to read. I love Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Saga of Tanya the Evil and the Master of Ragnarok novels, but I would love to have more. This series has badass female protagonists too, which is always a plus. I also like how they want the main character for his skill with the bow, and not for romantic reasons (at least at first). The anime's ending was okay, but I would love to read the rest of the story.

alt text

• Premium Member

I enjoyed the anime. Had no idea it was a LN. Thanks for the info.

• Premium Member

Yeah, it's a great series, but sadly unlikely due to Kadokawa. I dream of JNC getting a foot in the door there. ;)

The fan translator's disappeared for a while, so in spite of the series being ended, we're unlikely to see it. ;(

• Premium Member

Yeah, really want to read this. If JNC doesn’t get a Kadowaka I at least hope Yen ends with a digital only LN sub-label (I know Bookwalker but they are going really slow).

• This would be so great!! I really loved that series and would like to read the end of it sometime.

• I support. I miss this series. Fan-translations have long since died. War series are pretty cool.

• Premium Member

This one is always on my wish list.

• Premium Member

With Kadokawa titles being on the table now, I'm a bit more hopeful of this getting licensed.